v243 camera movement via gamepad not working properly

unti1x

Actually I don't like to play fps with gamepads. =)

Controller model: SpeedLink XEOX USB Gamepad (SL-6555-SBK-A)

Right stick up/down does nothing, camera is moved by trigger buttons instead. This is pretty curious 'cause most of games don't react on trigger buttons of this controller at all. =D

I have a feeling that it's the way the Unity Engine is taking into consideration what the mapping of your controller is. I have a Logitech on in the office that does a similar thing because Unity isn't detecting the numerical ID of each button.

For example this is the layout for a 360 controller on Unity for PC: http://wiki.unity3d.com/index.php?title ... Controller

So there may be a way for you on your end to set up your controller to either imitate that setup there or fake being a keyboard (both of which would require a bit of jimmying around but there are programs for this, and the controller may have came with software to do so)

Let me know if you have any questions, I'll also let you know if we come up with a way on our end to accommodate for the various 3rd party controllers out there, such as yours and my Logitech one.

Jeremy

So there may be a way for you on your end to set up your controller to either imitate that setup there or fake being a keyboard (both of which would require a bit of jimmying around but there are programs for this, and the controller may have came with software to do so)

There was no software with my controller, but for fixes like this there is x360ce (didn't work for this time). Actually, i think native support of controller is much better than any dirty hacks, but it doesn't matter if it's impossible or difficult to fix.

Archived