0% Deer carcases

killDCat

Not sure if this is a bug, or just plain luck...

A few times during different games I would come across a wolf chasing down a deer, and while the wolf is feeding another deer will enter into range - which the wolf would chase down also.

Expecting good fortune in this case doesn't happen. Both deer will be at 0% meat, 0 hide, and 0 gut.

... or intentional, adding an element of despair to the scenario.

A wolf can eat all the deer, I'm just a little unclear on what your getting at though. So a wolf had just killed a deer and was eating, then another wandered by and the wolf stopped eating and went for the new one?

If the wolf had been finished eating deer 1 then yes it should go after the new one. The wolf shouldn't go after another deer while still eating, unless the deer was standing super close to the wolf. Also it should take the wolf a bit to actually eat the whole deer, especially both. So something might be going wrong with that so I'll look into it.

Jeremy

So a wolf had just killed a deer and was eating, then another wandered by and the wolf stopped eating and went for the new one?

Yes - that's the scenario. Last this happened was in the clearcut area in ML with good visibility to see a wolf chase down a deer. Another deer was heading in the general direction of the feeding wolf, the wolf stopped eating and chased down the second deer leaving the first pretty much just after chasing it down. The first deer was at 0 meat, hide and gut..

It also seems that when a deer is chased down close to an existing carcass that it will also be @ 0%. This happened when I interrupted a wolf feeding, fended the wolf off, the deer the wolf was feeding on was @ 0% when I went to harvest it. Nearby was an existing carcass as an in-game drop. So, there seems to be a connection where deer who are taken down close to another one results in nothing to harvest, it doesn't happen often which makes it hard to pin down.

I've seen this too where the wolf gets scared off with a flare/torch moments after taking down a deer, but 0/0/0 for meat/hide/guts and if you scare it off the next carcass you get the same result.

A wolf cannot eat a deer in 60 seconds...

Archived