Interloper Last Horizon

In case somebody wants to see the Last Horizon being completed in interloper Mode without commentary, heres my playthrough (Does include starting at my base and returning to my base).

Its a full playthrough of the Last Horizon so yes, there are spoilers xD

Part 1 is 3 hours long. Part 2 is 1h30min long.

• Like 1

Interesting choice of gear, have you not completed Tales Part 1 on this run and acquired the Technical Balaclava or did you lose it in a wildlife struggle? I haven't considered using Tool Belt on 'Loper: been running mostly Satchel+Insulation on my runs. Camber Flight Porridge and Prepper Pies ftw!

Also lmao, good lord you've floored the cabin with STICKS! I've never seen so many sticks in my life!

I got similarly bullied by arriving at the Weather Station, and had no aurora/glimmer fog for 4 days. Eventually I slept (for 10 hours) and as soon as I did an aurora started and I missed it for another 2 days, lmao.

Whew that was spooky at the end of the Sundered Pass part of the Tale with hypothermia and all meters red!

Edited by Veskaida
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Veskaida said:

Interesting choice of gear, have you not completed Tales Part 1 on this run and acquired the Technical Balaclava or did you lose it in a wildlife struggle? I haven't considered using Tool Belt on 'Loper: been running mostly Satchel+Insulation on my runs. Camber Flight Porridge and Prepper Pies ftw!

Also lmao, good lord you've floored the cabin with STICKS! I've never seen so many sticks in my life!

I got similarly bullied by arriving at the Weather Station, and had no aurora/glimmer fog for 4 days. Eventually I slept (for 10 hours) and as soon as I did an aurora started and I missed it for another 2 days, lmao.

Whew that was spooky at the end of the Sundered Pass part of the Tale with hypothermia and all meters red!

Omg someone actually watched it!! ❤️ I did find the balaclava and I do have it. I just didnt wear it due to fashion purposes xD (it didnt look good on the Loper gear :) 

Yea the sticks are... Well, in the early game I used to hang to the loper rule of "use evry day and every hour to its maximum" way too much xD If there was no hunting to do, sticks. No Reapaing? Sticks. No Crafting? Sticks. Eventually this formed around like day 500 xDDD Stopped collecting them after cs... Well, enough is enough. An THAT is enough I think :D Only collecting em now after cooking. Safe to say Im pretty ok with making 12h fires from only sticks XDDD

I statrted that strat of turning off and on since my Xbox One save like 5 years ago in Bleak Inlet at the cannery Workshop. Its literral pure RNG so I just thought there is no way Im wasting unknown amount of supplys on something absolutely rando, especially if I have an option to cheese it xD

And the ending... dam if I had more coal on me, Id be fine xD Just pop a quick fire. But Im just so paranoid about these non-interior caves and I just dont trust em on loper. Especially one in such high location of Sundred Pass 0_0 Kindamad I had to use 2 stims and still got the hypotermia.. Perhaps if I didnt try that passage cave (thought it could be above 0C) and just ran to the cabin, Id be fine.. But hey, i lived and I still got like 5 at home :D

And yes! On loper those recipes are a must! Whoever trash talks recipes is a dum dum to me xD Preppers Pie: Closest thing to an MRE on loper. heals, has Vitamin C, wolves dont smell it and its made out of trash (literally turning nothing into something :)) camber Porridge is agod food for its Vitamin C amount and use of ingredients (has more calories as final dish rather thatn singular ingredients) and rose hip pies are just good for the fact if you need quick fix for rope climb or on loper you simply cant get 12h sleep, but with this, you basically can xD

Hope ya enjoyed the vid. It was pretty stresfull for me since I cant edit a dam thing! xD So this ebtire thing had to be perfectly done all the way. :) 

(heres me now btw with the cougar thingy and the balaclava :D )

20240629004013_1.jpg

• Like 1

I'm jelly! Only managed to complete Part 3 on one 'Loper run so far, and it was a lot rougher than yours haha. Yeah, SP and FA are 'so' cold feels like you always need 3 coal to keep warm. Pretty oppressive regions just to complete the Tales in. Maybe I'm doing it wrong though, and should be running 1x Bearskin 1x Wolfskin like you, or maybe even 2x Wolfskin. Seems like Bearskin are really powerful in the main region but DLC are 'so' much colder it doesn't affect much (even with Cold Fusion).

Think that last stretch coming down from the mountain is made to be a bit of a gauntlet. I was able to rest in the caves along that pathway with similar gear to you, only differences being:

• Workboots
  • 1x Hockey Jersey
  • 2x Bearcoat
  • Insulation
  • Cold Fusion + Efficient Machine

Think I'm going to try a new 'Loper run, test out Settled Mind + Cold Fusion and try to get that Technical Gloves before they're ruined.
🧤 😭The PAIN of getting to the cabin and finding them all crunched up from time!

• Upvote 1