My misery mode run.

I got the first of 5 stages of misery: Diminished Form. Spoiler warning if you wanted to find this out for yourself.

Spoiler

It occurred approximately ~24 in game hours in, the effects are:

1. Decreased sprint by ~33%,
  2. Decreased carry capacity by 5 kilos (11 lbs) 
  3. Wolves are less likely to flee, not sure by what metric that can be measured by.

“A morbid decay has set in.”

“You have less stamina, and your carry capacity is reduced. Sensing your vulnerability, wolves are less likely to Flee during a Struggle.”

The run was feeling like a normal interloper run before this so this is the beginning of the actual misery of misery mode.

• Upvote 1

I made it to mystery lake and got to the cabin, traveling in misery mode is difficult, as the global temperature is already at the least it possibly can be globally, being on average -25 degrees C on a sunny clear afternoon, which is punishing. Fortunately I’m getting better clothes and after getting behind a rock away from the wind actually got to only down 2 arrows cold outside without a fire.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I got the 2nd of the five stages of misery, the effects on the 2nd-4th stages are random, but I got Frigid Bones, spoiler warning if you wanted to find out the effects for yourself.

Spoiler

This occurred about 5 days after the last effect, about 6 days into the run.
Effects:

1. Lowers feel like temperature permanently. Not sure by how much yet exactly, but I’ll do some testing. 

Whatever the effect is exactly, it certainly reduces the positive effects of clothes, I was already complaining about how the cold made travel more difficult, now it will be certainly be harder to go forge tools.

It will definitely make the run harder, albeit it’s a little less than I expected.

Edited by SuperStriker16
Forgot to add the in game time between effects.
  • Upvote 3

Definitely making high tier clothing makes no sense with the -10 C temperature.

I don't see an scenario where you can survive for even an small period of time outdoors without depleting the temperature bar..

So.. ¿Misery meta lies around light and basic gear?

• Upvote 1