Moose spawn points

So, it seems moose spawn points aren't all active at a given point in time. Is my impression correct?

If so, is this something that changes at every update, the active spawn points are switched around? Or is it defined at the start of every run?

I've seen moose in a lot of reported spots, but somehow, I've never seen one in Mystery Lake, or Monolith Lake, or Pensive Pond, Cook's Farm...

I think it's each individual run..    I've had runs where the trappers moose spawns on day one and pretty regularly after that to never seeing it at all.. andi I've never even seen a moise behind the garage at milton ,in fact i didnt even know there wzs one there until a year or so ago...  

It's purely random every time..      I think some are a lot more common,or reliable than others though.. I've hardly ever not seen one in bleak..

They're just awkward lol...

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, PilgrimReaper said:

Ha, that would make sense... and I agree, Bleak Inlet is one that shows up often! Thanks!

They usually show up when you least expect it,or want it 😁.  I'm surprised you haven't seen one in mystery lake though.. are you still playing pilgrim?

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

They usually show up when you least expect it,or want it 😁.  I'm surprised you haven't seen one in mystery lake though.. are you still playing pilgrim?

Busted! I'm playing Voyageur now. But I'll start a Pilgrim run to explore Mountain Pass when it comes out. Like you I don't want to risk my main run with a brand new region.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PilgrimReaper said:

Busted! I'm playing Voyageur now. But I'll start a Pilgrim run to explore Mountain Pass when it comes out. Like you I don't want to risk my main run with a brand new region.

Lol... Well I won't tell if you don't..  well besides anyone who reads this😁.   

Looks like it's a dangerous place so I don't blame you..