Character actions

Deadlock

I'd like to suggest a few actions that would generally make some things smoother in the game.

First, as I'm sure many have said before, some sort of ability to vault over or jump over short things. This can come at the expense of calories and make you more tired per action. Tree limbs and guardrails around houses would be the tallest things I would hope for, but ultimately the insufferable ledges that seem to be only inches tall yet you can't walk over are the main reason for this.

Second is an ability to toss items. When I get to a rope to climb down and have too much on my person, it would be nice if I could lob some of my items over the ledge and pick them back up after my descent. This could come at a loss of condition and only available for things like tools. I wouldn't think food or cloth would be good choices. This is the only place I can see tossing items would matter so maybe it can be a prompt when at the top of the rope. It could open like a storage container, but once you exit the items you placed are tossed to the bottom.

Third has to do with boiling water and I'msure has been asked before. Can we get a warming bonus for freshly boiled water? I normally boil in bulk to store anyway, but when I'm traveling and trapped by a blizzard it would help and it just makes sense. Maybe even freshly cooked meat could offer the warming bonus one day, but the water first, please.

I had another post talking about vehicles so I'll just restate it here. Being able to look in all directions when in them, possibly siphoning fuel, and maybe harvesting the cloth from the seats which would ruin the sleep option unless you have a bedroll.

Please let us sleep on benches or armchairs. Some buildings have no bed, but have long benches that can easily be used as a bed. 

Beyond what's stated above, I think having crows become more interactive would be good. They could be eating the freshly downed animals giving us a chance to throw stones and get a tiny amount of meat with a lot of feathers. In clear weather they could be in trees and if we get too close they could fly away and alert nearby predators. Other than additional animals, in survival there could be an introduction of random NPC survivors who occupy a random building (preferably not the main buildings) and offer either trades or ask for help. The more you help, the longer they possibly survive and could offer rewards. But it's still survival and one day they won't be there anymore.