Finally trying to level up my game

TiffTastic

8 hours ago, TiffTastic said:

I agree. I think it should be workable. To keep it from being overpowered maybe lose the flare instantly.

Definitely, even a torch should be ruined. By skin in my previous post I meant the players skin since both your arms are there. You've got a chance to get burned. Maybe not across all difficulties for balance sake, but definitely looper and stalker you should have the chance to get burned.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Definitely, even a torch should be ruined. By skin in my previous post I meant the players skin since both your arms are there. You've got a chance to get burned. Maybe not across all difficulties for balance sake, but definitely looper and stalker you should have the chance to get burned.

That would be a good addition. Now i wish it would happen…

28 minutes ago, TiffTastic said:

Continuing the game I have made it to coastal highway and jackrabbit island, where ive begun to set up my first long term base. Clothes are up to 17C  and i am up to 10 rounds for the rifle, despite shooting 2 wolves…

Nice!!! Ten rounds will go far or fast depending on predator contact lol. At least you can cause a bleed out. Might be cheesy, but it's a dang good way to get food.

1 hour ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Nice!!! Ten rounds will go far or fast depending on predator contact lol. At least you can cause a bleed out. Might be cheesy, but it's a dang good way to get food.

Welp, that run ended the same way most end for me, by being mauled to death by a bear when I exited a house, apparently right into its way.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TiffTastic said:

Welp, that run ended the same way most end for me, by being mauled to death by a bear when I exited a house, apparently right into its way.

😬😬☠️😬 I just ran into the garage bear in coastal. I'm running on looper, but are you struggling to hear them approaching? I am noticing the sounds they make are being muffled by the wind. Eerily quiet until you're really close.

8 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

😬😬☠️😬 I just ran into the garage bear in coastal. I'm running on looper, but are you struggling to hear them approaching? I am noticing the sounds they make are being muffled by the wind. Eerily quiet until you're really close.

I had literally no warning. Must have physically ran into it somehow. Didnt even get to rage shoot it lol.

2 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I think I know the house.  I hate going in and out of the coastal townsite. So many predators just outside waiting for you. 

Nothing says "good morning" like a coffee and being mauled by a bear with wolves tracking your bloody aftermath.....oh and dropping your only means of defending yourself in the mauling and realizing only after you get back into shelter.

Not that I speak from experience or anything...ahem...

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I think I know the house.  I hate going in and out of the coastal townsite. So many predators just outside waiting for you. 

Yeah I hate going there…

3 hours ago, Bloodskye said:

Nothing says "good morning" like a coffee and being mauled by a bear with wolves tracking your bloody aftermath.....oh and dropping your only means of defending yourself in the mauling and realizing only after you get back into shelter.

Not that I speak from experience or anything...ahem...

strangely i rarely lose it, because i usually pick it up to rage shoot the bear. Possibly this contributes to my unusually high death by bear rate….

On 10/7/2023 at 1:34 AM, TiffTastic said:

So after around 7 years of playing voyageur and custom games slightly more difficult I have finally decided to do stalker runs. My first one has me located in mystery lake, where I have had the good fortune to spawn near the trappers cabin which conveniently held a rifle. My question is what are some of the things yall wish you had known when you made the leap? Any lessons you can give that prevent me from once again becoming a tiffalicious bear snack (or wolf) would be appreciated 🦋

When i started playing survival mode (played story first but its way easier than surv mode) i decided to start on interloper ( i tend to play games on hard diff) but my ass was handed to me so hard i could not survive even one day. 

I decided to look up for some tutorial on YT and found Zaknafeins video about Interloper and how to play it and the first thing he said was: If you dont know the maps very well you should not start Interloper. 

After that info i started a Voyager run and it went well. I got to about day 300 ingame maxing out all skills to lvl 5 and learning all of the maps. Then i decided to give Interloper another try and after some tries i managed to survive the opening gauntlet and developed my run. 

And as others said Stalker is just a bit harder than Voyager so after so many years playing i would suggest trying loper. Good luck !

3 hours ago, James Hickok said:

When i started playing survival mode (played story first but its way easier than surv mode) i decided to start on interloper ( i tend to play games on hard diff) but my ass was handed to me so hard i could not survive even one day. 

I decided to look up for some tutorial on YT and found Zaknafeins video about Interloper and how to play it and the first thing he said was: If you dont know the maps very well you should not start Interloper. 

After that info i started a Voyager run and it went well. I got to about day 300 ingame maxing out all skills to lvl 5 and learning all of the maps. Then i decided to give Interloper another try and after some tries i managed to survive the opening gauntlet and developed my run. 

And as others said Stalker is just a bit harder than Voyager so after so many years playing i would suggest trying loper. Good luck !

Been thinking about doing that. Stalker seems to just increase predators massively. Might as well just go for the top difficulty.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently switched to stalker after learning the southern half of the map real good with voyager.  Stalker is definetely a lot harder in the biginning and I find myself always carrying at least three torches, usually more.  Once you get past the hump of finding a weapon, some decent clothes, a good kill... Yeah, it's fairly easy-ish, but a mistake will kill you a lot faster (bleed-out time is seriously dangerous on stalker -- pack those bandages!)