Access to a Carcass

UTC-10

I have noticed that sometimes an old problem - cannot get an interaction point for a dead animal - comes up from time to time and ran across that very recently.  

Attached is my looking at a ravaged deer carcass and able to access it.  However if I moved left (the butt end) or right (the head end) or beyond the carcass (and turn around) the interaction contact would be lost.  If I moved much closer to the carcass the interaction point would also disappear.  

At this point I speculate that the problem is how Hinterland sets up points of contact apparently like a field or zone so that if your cursor  hits that zone then you make contact.  But the field or zone does not extend around the carcass so standing too close (i.e. inside the field/zone) or off to one side or the other side your contact does not register.  Maddening as you run the cursor all over the place then see the contact pop up then disappear as you continue to move the cursor.  

I noticed this in the Pleasant Valley Farmstead when going from the basement into the main house.  Initially what popped up was the usual cue that you can click and enter the main house, but if you step further the cue disappears and you run into the door and no clicking on the door lets you into the house.   That is what this problem for me reminds me of.  

So maybe approach the carcass from the belly side and don't stand too close.  Maybe that might help you get access to the carcass.  Naturally not a whole solution for I have run into a case where a dead bear was inert EXCEPT when I freshly loaded the game then clicked on it.  If for any reason I let go of that contact the bear carcass would go back to being inert.  I ended up harvesting 30+ kilos of bear meat, hide, and guts in one go.  

Good luck. 

20230630074931_1.jpg