Backpacker's camp stove

FlamingFuball

I think a compact camp stove that runs on lantern oil would be a thematically appropriate unique loot item to add to the long dark. Kerosene camp stoves have been around a long time, and I think they would be a good unique find without being unbalanced. Most old fashioned stoves didn't have a mechanical lighter, so you would still need to use a match to light it, and it obviously wouldn't produce much heat, but it could be an emergency alternative to carrying tons of firestarting supplies for the lightweight survivor. Can burn in a blizzard to heat up some tea in an emergency, and maybe cooks a bit faster than wood fires.

Thoughts on the balance of such an item, wether it would be too good, useless, or just right?

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

I wouldn't mind something that uses lamp oil and can heat up a can of food, a tea, or a cup of coffee in the morning. Other than that, you pretty much have a portable stove as long as you can make a fire. If it decreased cooking times and works in windy conditions, I guess something like that could work. 

• Upvote 1