New fire starting item

ZachDGD119

I have played a number of interloper characters and I know it is supposed to be especially challenging but some times I have the hardest time finding matches or anything to start a fire. I have thought that there should be an alternative to matches being your only option to start a fire (aside from a flare) I suggest something like a fire bow that you can craft at a work bench or maybe just a stick and bark  with some tender. In order to survive in interloper you need water and to cook but you can’t get water unless you have matches. Even if you made matches even more scarce it would be a good option to have. The item could and should have a condition bar that would break the item after certain number of uses. Could also be tied into the fire starting skill somehow. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, xanna said:

I've always thought we should get a firestriker from a harvested lantern, it only makes sense.

thats an interesting idea i havent thought. although i must admit i haven't harvested many lanterns because i station them around the maps where i need them. i have had a lot to spare though! great idea!

31 minutes ago, SuperStriker16 said:

I like the way you think Zack, the crafting recipe could be, 1 bow, 1 stone, 1 cedar firewood, 1 stick. 40% base fire start chance + whatever from skill, tinder required no matter what your Fire starting skill is, 2% per attempt = 50 total uses.

that is a good recipe and i think it would work quite well,  its costly but also lasts for a while. i would love to see something like this be added!