An alternative to the Technical Backpack (not sure if I already posted this?)

JackTrysGames

Messenger's Backpack (Sling Bag)

"A very light backpack, designed to not get in the way of a bike courier or runner. Not quite as spacious as you're used to, but it's comfortable and lets you run freely."

Reduces your carry capacity by 5KG (11LBS)
Increases the encumbrance penalty somewhat (you move a considerable amount slower if you go over the limit)

Allows you to run at maximum speed (as though you were carrying less than 5KG) as long as you aren't overencumbered

Cannot be worn together with the Technical Backpack- picking up one makes you drop the other

slingbag.thumb.jpg.8799cb036cfdc2134398a680215a75c9.jpg

Edited by JackTrysGames
Added some extra detail to the description, making its effects easier to understand.
  • Upvote 1

Sure, but for something that small ^ the max capacity needs to be pretty small. That is what I imagine the moose hide satchel to be.

I've always thought something like this would be a good idea, but what I had in mind was a better water carrying system, such as it reduces/removes water weight. (ie. Can carry up to 3L of water/fluids with no weight penalty) Something like the pack I use when mountain biking here. (bonus pic for another one I use for day trips on foot, which has both a water bladder & long gun scabbard) So, different packs with different perks & drawbacks. (weight, movement, durability, protection)

p4pb13631835.jpg

DSC06123.jpg

Edited by Kranium