I had a flare gun moment today

piddy3825

Seems to me with the loot rebalance, finding a flare gun has become a lot more interesting not to mention abundant, at least from my perspective.
I'm finding more flare gun shells than ever before and that's brought about a lot more usage for me as in pervious games, I'd be hoarding those shells as if my life depended on it!

Of course I always check the old familiar places when I'm out scouring the island and often find just an empty case, but just the other day I was looting the summit at TWM  a scene seem to unfold.  The case was open, with a single shell remaining in the case.  On the floor nearby a second shell lay on the floor.   I scooted nearer the edge and as I glanced down, the ever familiar corpse lay below, but next to the body was also the flare gun.  Scattered about nearby were three additional shells.  As I turned out his pockets, I found two more shells, bringing me to a total of 7 shells.  (his corpse was laden with loot to boot in case you were wondering)

As I pondered my inventory, it suddenly struck me that this wasn't just some fortunate rng pairing of circumstances, but this scene must have been carefully staged because I suddenly conjured up this vision of the aftermath of the plane crashing where one of crew manages to miraculously survive in the tail section wreckage.  He stumbles about, locating the flare gun case, pops it open, grabs the gun in one hand, with his other hand he stuffs a couple of shells in his pockets.  He gathers a few more shells in his hand and as he steps to the edge intent on loading the distress pistol, the wreckage suddenly shifts and the crewman is knocked off balance falling to the damaged section below where he strikes his head and presumably dies.  

Well that's a least what I think happened.  Who knows?  Either way, the scene is telling a great story. 
Thanks Hinterland.

• Like 1