Save File Lost. Plz Help :(

Dask

Went to sleep day 16, computer shut off due to my finger accidentally hitting the off button, and this was while I was asleep in game. I was just about to wake up when this happened. Now it won't let me click "LOAD."

My best guess is that it maybe terminated my latest save file to replace the new one, but the computer shut off right as it was about to put in the fresher one, so I have neither. Or maybe that's not the case, just a guess.

Either way, is there anyway to retrieve a previous save file, or find out what happened?

I think in this situation all you can really do is restore your PC back a few days (if you have a restore point that is recent)

Otherwise you will just have to start a new game and periodically copy your save file.

Bah, that's kinda redundant at this point. While waiting for someone to reply here I started a new run and got a rifle, a steady income of food, and a nice place to stay in Pleasant Valley :)

• 4 weeks later...

:D

After I get set up _too_ well with tons of fire wood, potable water and a fridge full of food I take a lot bigger risks, cause I don't really mind dying. The start of the game, when you have nothing, as well as the end of the game, when you start to run out of everything (well in theory... usually I get eaten by wolves sooner or later) are the most fun parts.

Archived