No need to use knife or hatchets

pathfinder

I am not sure whether it is just in my games or not, but I can cut wood, hides, gut and take meat without any tools whatsoever. This may have already been reported but I thought I should throw this out there as it does seem to be a little bit unfair towards the game. Please let me know if I am wrong, but I was taking meat from a carcass of a deer and I had no tools to speak of. Maybe I should see if I can open tin cans with my bare hands too. lol

You can smash cans if you don't have any tools, you lose some of the contents doing that though. Also when harvesting stuff without tools, it takes more fatigue and time to do. The tools just make it easier for fatigue and time wise.

Jeremy

I realize I can smash tins, but I must be missing something, but when I first started in this adventure awhile back...I could not harvest deer or wolf mean without some sort of tool.

• 2 weeks later...

Really in the long term end game the only resource you will be unable to acquire is water. You can make your own clothes and you can engage wolves or forage for your own meat and really trapping rabbits, you should be able to make dozens if not hundreds of snares and well lets just say with the variety of ways to get food and current .200 implementation of starvation taking a week you'll have no real issue with that. Water however, requires constant rate replenishment and the simple fact is if you don't boil 20,000 gallons you will eventually run out and die, drinking about a gallon a day or whatever it is, limited only by the fact you can't start a fire after the materials to do so are gone.

Archived