Externally access to diary text notes

javijungle

15 hours ago, Sgt Socks said:

I don't *think* you can Javi, would be rather nifty if we could though.

Don't quote me on it however, I could well be wrong. Hopefully someone with a more technical understanding will be able to offer you a more definitive answer.

Thanks Sgt 😉

That's what I thought, it must be a complex issue, because the texts used by the game will be in inaccessible files, after searching in the game directory looking for possible files I have decided to take my notes in a separate text file to the game.
I have also seen that there are youtubers who use Excell files to organize their trips and keep an inventory of what they are leaving in each house or shelter, maybe I know the solution I am looking for.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, javijungle said:

Thanks Sgt 😉

That's what I thought, it must be a complex issue, because the texts used by the game will be in inaccessible files, after searching in the game directory looking for possible files I have decided to take my notes in a separate text file to the game.
I have also seen that there are youtubers who use Excell files to organize their trips and keep an inventory of what they are leaving in each house or shelter, maybe I know the solution I am looking for.

Oh I do love a good spreadsheet!! 😁  Not sure they will find their way into my TLD world but I certainly understand why people would want to use them.

Guest jeffpeng
On 10/10/2022 at 11:00 AM, javijungle said:

I tried to search how to access or edit survival diary text notes but I didn't find the answer anywhere, so now I'm asking if anyone knows if it's possible to edit or view text notes from external app like notepad. Thanks

The data you are looking for is bundled in Resources/Data/resources.assets in your TLD folder. You can extract and edit these files with the right tools. However I don't think the process will be fit for what you apparently are planning to do with that.

On 10/11/2022 at 11:21 AM, javijungle said:

🙄

Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game.
       - Sid Meier

Guest jeffpeng
9 hours ago, stratvox said:

Heh, jeffpeng, hear you there. I'd've thought maybe this emoji, though: 

I'm not quite sure how you managed to get a picture of me writing the post above. Quite impressive. Those computer wizards. Black magic, I tell you.

1 hour ago, jeffpeng said:

I'm not quite sure how you managed to get a picture of me writing the post above. Quite impressive. Those computer wizards. Black magic, I tell you.

And their Tech Gremlin minions. Those wee buggers, it doesn't matter if you feed them after midnight or not. Always love throwing a spanner in your day.

I finally found a way to extract the texts from the game's journal notebook on the Steam forums. Take screenshots and process the images in an OCR software, or use the microphone to go from voice to notes and record the texts to another program.

I just finished my intruder exploration journey to get the faithful cartographer achievement in 300 days and have been taking a lot of notes along the way.

I should have searched better before asking around here, my apologies.