Lets play Outerloper! Part Deux

fauxjargon

Hi Hinterland fans!  You might remember me from such classics as "Lets play Outerloper!", where I survived 100 days on Great Bear without entering into any man made structure other than a mine with a loading screen!  I'm at it again.  The following rules are in effect:

* I can't go into any building with a loading screen.  Mines are allowed, as is the Riken, as that is a vehicle.
* Buildings in Blackrock region and Bleak Inlet are allowed, because murder wolves
* This game will be played on vanilla Interloper
* After day 100, the Hunting Lodge in Broken Railroad is allowed
* If I play to 250, the Carter Hydro Dam is allowed too
* Borderline exploitative behavior, like cooking meat in tiny sliders to level cooking fast are not allowed.  I will eat meat in no less than 250 g portions (unless it's the last of an animal).

If Raphael is reading this, SHUT UP, TAKE MY MONEY, RELEASE MORE PAID CONTENT

It's time again to wake from my slumber.  To visit Great Bear Island again.  They say I've contracted permanent cabin fever and can't go inside.  Also, I have to choose from "starter" perks.  I go with Cold Fusion and Snow Walker.

I awake in Pleasant Valley, in the hills.

image.thumb.jpeg.9e3a15e60b59165ae8df887bde93fa86.jpeg

I soon meet a bear and a wolf, but they have other business to attend to.

image.thumb.jpeg.7dad2c7d8ff36f89497b72ddf4cf064f.jpeg

I score some pot, a wool toque and some running shoes on the way to Timberwolf Mountain.

Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up!  This - THIS - is my hacksaw:
image.thumb.jpeg.550f6cff84aea57ba0c60f162781251c.jpeg
Additionally I score a candy bar, a THIN WOOL SWEATER and a ski jacket.  I rest for an hour in the nice warm bed and take off.
image.thumb.jpeg.602dbb311545e3e8934532f7f3e68fb9.jpeg
I score some peaches and coffee.  Coffee is life.
image.thumb.jpeg.20ce4126bb9be046ff80e8b370c2efcf.jpeg

• Upvote 2

I spend the night in the mountaineer's hut, warmed by an incredible number of sticks.  I make all the coffee and a herbal tea.

image.thumb.jpeg.a866e790e4982bab93d5334c313f016f.jpeg
I leave the next morning, destination:  The pit of engines.

image.thumb.jpeg.d5f57862768e3bdfe1d4888c4bfd302a.jpeg

The engine wolf is off his game and I secure a pretty good haul of snow shelter building material... I mean clothes.  I sprained my wrist on the way down though, so a sweater has to become bandages.  I start sipping coffees to keep my energy levels up, and pass through the deer clearing to the summit with no issues.
image.thumb.jpeg.704b9b358722e4ad57ead52301ba6f9c.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.4926871c476ab23ecf3e853af729266e.jpeg
I summit uneventfully, if a little jittery from the caffeine.  I warm up in the plane and make a snow shelter at the foot of the rope for the night.  I burn through my precious supply of coal getting a full twelve hours of sleep in the great outdoors.

• Upvote 1

A blizzard rolls in as I loot the deer clearing - nothing but coal for me in the cave, but lots of precious cloth in the airplane crate!  I make for Ash Canyon.  Many many coffees later, I make it past the moose and up to a ledge.  I use the snow shelter, then tear it down.  The final climb requires a stim, then I drink more coffees at the top to recover.  Remember kids, the cure for stimulant overuse is more stimulants.

image.thumb.jpeg.32d3362849feab760b1a14cc2955963c.jpeg
.... I forgot to write most of this part.  I grab the backpack and crampons and leave after a good night's sleep next to the dead guy in the mine.

image.thumb.jpeg.e5ebb0da9f16a34a73f02c1cfc025568.jpeg
I make my way out of Ash Canyon and Timberwolf Mountain without incident.  I stagger towards Winding River cave with two sprains and a red fatigue bar.  I don't hear the wolf because I'm also listening to a podcast.  RIP

• Upvote 1