Secret mountain area above Locomotive Engine (?) in BR

woodspiral

I was playing Pilgrim and got to around 120 days - hanging out a lot in BR.  I shot a bear who ran and died wedged up the hill in a rock around what I remember to be the Locomotive Engine area.  I was cooking his meat up and instead of passing time, I went for a little stroll further up.  I managed to access a mountain area which was pretty cool - there was a 'saddle' area and it looked like I was wandering around in snow covered peaks.  All of a sudden an unrealistic straight white horizon appeared and I decided to turn back, since I didn't want to wreck my run by glitching and falling off the edge of the world - perhaps - I wasn't sure if that was the case or not, but I didn't feel like it was worth risking things.

So anyway, that was a few months ago, and I just created a custom run in BR on pilgrim again, and I can't get up there - I'm wondering if it's been patched or perhaps I had crampons which made a difference?  I don't think I had those at that time though.  I also tried around the Landslide area and also walked all the way from the Broken Bridge to the exit looking on my right for a way up and there are only two places I could see.  One is by the Loco and I could only get so far.  You get to a point where there are bands of snow and rock and I'm pretty sure I could just walk over the rock before, but now it seems impossible.  The other place is above Landslide, where there are lots of tree trunks at crazy angles.  I can get onto a rock which has a gap to the next rock above me, separated by a small jump, but even with a run up I can't leap over the gap with enough height to make the walk up possible on the other side.

It's driving me a little crazy.  If it was patched by the developers then that's fair enough.  But I'm wondering if I've missed it or clothing makes a difference - boots, crampons and the like. 

Anyone else been here?

Cheers,

Woodspiral.

Edited by woodspiral
missing words, clarify jump