You know what sucks?

ChillPlayer

I had a good but tough run, I started in HRV, found a rifle cleaning kit in Trapper's Homestead (probably the most important item save for a better revolver), Timberwolves were no issue thanks to a cleaned weapon and in general had very little predator action. But I had the DW several times within 200m behind me from DP on, where we crossed paths when he was going for my lure, then I slept at the cave exit before Crumbling Highway and got woken up by the DW. Managed to put some distance thanks to lures, went to the CH campfire  and then went for PV, where I had to sleep again and DW catched up once more.

PV was really tough, with the fog I could barely see where I am and I misjudged where I was after the campfire. I thought I was going straight for Draft Dodger's but instead ended up at Three Strikes Farmstead, only briefly wondering why I crossed a bridge which is not supposed to be there when you go straight from the Barn 🙄

But thanks to lures I could put in some more distance to the DW but I was constantly freezing and due to the fog I was again on the wrong track, instead of following the path on the outside of the map above crashsite, I ended up in - Draft Dodger's... Guess some things were ment to be, at least from there on I knew the path with my eyes closed but my condition dropped more and more. When I finally reached the rope to TWM, my condition was down to 6% and I had to take a nap inside the prepper cache.

DW woke me up again. I popped a Go! and climbed the rope, the DW really gaining on me. When I reached TWM I had to use a stim and just run straight for the campfire, revolver ready to shoot at anything barking. I slept again and when I woke the fire was extinguished, but the DW hasn't catched up yet. So onwards to AC, used my last stim to climb the rope and finally reached AC, completely exhausted, freezing and without any more Go!, coffe or stims. I opened the map and looked for the campfire - it wasn't there 😲 I knew where it was supposed to be but I've never reached AC before, so my hope was that it's just unmarked on the map.

But once I reached the spot where it should be, I lost all hope. Checked my notes and I only had 10, TEN!!! I shoud've had 11, the one from the starting campfire included. So I checked the texts on the wiki and I was missing the one from Coastal Highway, despite having slept there for a few hours. So yeah, this sucked, big time.

Other than that though I must say that I really like this challenge, for once it's something completely different. It's not very tough on the survival side of the challenge, with Voyageur difficulty and a good knowledge of the maps. But the constant pressure and balancing between regaining condition and putting some distance to the DW really keeps my heart pounding. Haven't had this feeling in a long time while playing TLD and the DW can be darn sure that I will try again to banish him!

• Upvote 2