Snow Jet Ski and some other suggestions

Hancer

Dear All,

Upon playing in various difficulty modes and testing some aspects, I would like to know if its possible to include the following in final version:

1-A broken down snow jet-ski for faster travel: Requires repairs, materials for functioning. Has limited fuel and some fuel can be scavenged here and there.

2-Random wolves: It seems that the wolf patrol routes are always the same. Some randomisation required.

3-Some repairs with logs to the cabins: Some cabins are in decent condition, blocking wind and cold. Some cabins (randomisation. It can be the office in mystical lake) need some sort of repairs with logs in proper places.

4-Conditioning: After like 20-30 days, running reduces fatigue and conditioning less, since our guy/gal becomes more acquainted with environment and developed conditioning.

5-Equipment conditions: after a period of time, you know how to use the tools and their condition deteriorates in extended period of time rather than quickly.

6-Cloth and Leather: These can be further divided into two: Light and Heavy. Its kinda stupid to repair cloths with bedroll cloth. Since there is heavy (thick) sweaters and thin sweaters, same should apply for cloth and leather.

7-Flares: Initial start with 2.

8-Torch: ability to craft torch with kerosene+cloth+wood. which will be used like lantern but scares the wolves.

9-Guns: may add pistol

10-Fishing: develops with skill and more calories (+150 more)

11-Pause in inventory and tab screen

12-Window (ability to see outside) in camp office.

13-Ability to carry/pickup small containers and bags to use them.

14-Radio and some minor electric equipment which works with batteries. just for amusement and batteries can be rarely found/looted.

15-Bottles. The ability to melt snow and carry water is easy. It should be limited with number and/or capacity of bottles you scavenge.

Thats currently what I have in mind. Will add more later according to comments and suggestions.

Hello! Thanks for your feedback Hancer, and welcome to the forums. A number of these questions have been submitted before around the forums, so please feel free to use the search feature for more information and join conversations on specific ideas. It will help to keep ideas more organized and helps the developers find them more easily.

Thanks again for joining us!

Dear All,

Upon playing in various difficulty modes and testing some aspects, I would like to know if its possible to include the following in final version:

1-A broken down snow jet-ski for faster travel: Requires repairs, materials for functioning. Has limited fuel and some fuel can be scavenged here and there.

[align=justify]I found some earlier comments about thoughts of different travel forms from the developers may be included, like ski.[/align]

2-Random wolves: It seems that the wolf patrol routes are always the same. Some randomisation required.

[align=justify]I am sure the wolf question is something so many of the community addressed, they may change some aspects in the upcoming patches, feel free to search around the forum to get a wider picture about the ongoing suggestions.[/align]

3-Some repairs with logs to the cabins: Some cabins are in decent condition, blocking wind and cold. Some cabins (randomisation. It can be the office in mystical lake) need some sort of repairs with logs in proper places.

[align=justify]Nice idea! Not often mentioned, but I would like to see an advanced interaction between the protagonist and the available shelters too.[/align]

4-Conditioning: After like 20-30 days, running reduces fatigue and conditioning less, since our guy/gal becomes more acquainted with environment and developed conditioning.

[align=justify]Running is again something, the devs have plans for in the form of snow shoes and other kind of solutions, but regarding to the character development, I did not find anything what they confirmed on the forums except the skills. I wish they could include a more sophisticated development system.[/align]

5-Equipment conditions: after a period of time, you know how to use the tools and their condition deteriorates in extended period of time rather than quickly.

[align=justify]Same as above, and may worth your time to check out the toolbox suggestion here: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=4335[/align]

6-Cloth and Leather: These can be further divided into two: Light and Heavy. Its kinda stupid to repair cloths with bedroll cloth. Since there is heavy (thick) sweaters and thin sweaters, same should apply for cloth and leather.

[align=justify]This was addressed earlier as well, but I have no idea if they plan to change it in the future, it is possible they find the mentioned details important, or it would just be unwanted complication in the system, I personally can understand both results.[/align]

7-Flares: Initial start with 2.

[align=justify]This would not be the best solution until you have to hold down the quick key to ignite the flare/lamp, thus you can light it a milisecond faster, and avoid being ignited by mistake.[/align]

8-Torch: ability to craft torch with kerosene+cloth+wood. which will be used like lantern but scares the wolves.

[align=justify]It is available already, check your crafting table[/align]

9-Guns: may add pistol

[align=justify]It is also being discussed here viewtopic.php?f=57&t=4289 , an it is really popular, so there is a chance they will consider the suggestion.[/align]

10-Fishing: develops with skill and more calories (+150 more)

[align=justify]I do believe this is an aspect of the game what will be developed far above of its current state, however the skill in my opinion should be only one of multiple factors what may make fishing worth your time, because fishing in itself should be a fun factor and not only a way to obtain food for survival. Fishing is included in many games because it is a popular recreation activity between us simple mortals.[/align]

11-Pause in inventory and tab screen

[align=justify]This was also requested before, and I hope you will change your opinion about this pause thing when you see a full living world around you, the time and place you decide to use to manage your inventory supposed to be a tactical element of your survival, if you pause the game you loose an important element of it, however you can press the esc to pause the game, or as far as I know when you check the notes/diary screen it is paused as well.[/align]

12-Window (ability to see outside) in camp office.

[align=justify]It is not so important however it would be nice for sure.[/align]

13-Ability to carry/pickup small containers and bags to use them.

[align=justify]This is one of those ideas, why I am answering you so detailed to encourage you giving feedback about other aspects of the game too, because I find these "minor" additions very important for the immersion and the detailed gameplay.[/align]

14-Radio and some minor electric equipment which works with batteries. just for amusement and batteries can be rarely found/looted.

[align=justify]This is another one of the above mentioned great ideas :D[/align]

15-Bottles. The ability to melt snow and carry water is easy. It should be limited with number and/or capacity of bottles you scavenge.

[align=justify]I find the details important in this aspect too, a thermos a flask, bottles, crafting leather flasks...[/align]

Thats currently what I have in mind. Will add more later according to comments and suggestions.

And welcome in the community, I saw how active the Turkey forum is, feel free to check it out as well!

Hope you enjoy here

Thank you so much for the detailed responses and kind welcome.

Yes upon using the search function most of the above can be found in the forums. :oops:

I am not too much into the forums so forgive me.

I really like to see points 13,14 and 15 to be implemented in the final product as they really add some minor but important aspects.

Also one of the things I hate is the continuous running ability. I think the character should rest to acquire his/her stamina..pant alot and then continue to run like 10-20 seconds more. But now it feels like being in a ghost mode and flying over the terrain. A stamina or another feature preventing continuous running is needed.

But overall great game and very open for improvement. Thanks for support and devs are really responding to community's ideas. Hope their dedication never diminishes.

I also would like to mention about adding natural mark-I eyeball night vision.

Its generally completely dark inside the cabins at night. However a feature for adding very limited night vision acquaintance after a period of time where our eyes adjust the dim light and able to see in limited sense our surroundings indoors.

Archived