Hopeless Rescue V2.0 - Hunting Lodge to Desolation Point in Stalker difficulty

Glflegolas

I just completed this challenge (inspired by someone on these forums), which is the focus of my current YouTube playlist. Travelling from my spawn (at daybreak) in Broken Railroad to firing a shell off the top floor of the lighthouse took me 6 days, 5 hours, 39 mins. For role-playing purposes, I pretended I was the last remaining Forest Talker, initially trying to find a fellow talker (Ben) who'd gone off to Mystery Lake several days ago and hadn't returned. When I found Ben's corpse, frozen and lifeless in Camp Office, I decided I had to go and get a flaregun from Timberwolf Mountain and fire it off the lighthouse to see if any remaining Forest Talkers still lived.

Note that due to role-playing, I didn't leave the Hunting Lodge until mid-afternoon (after I'd searched for supplies left there for me by other Forest Talkers), so my actual journey time was somewhere around 6 days, give or take a few hours.

For those of you who enjoy Hopeless Rescue (one of the best challenges in the game, IMO), but find it too easy, I think you will find this challenge quite fun. If you want an even harder experience, I suppose you could try starting in the Hushed River Valley (less early-game loot) and include a trip to the Gold Mine in Ash Canyon as a requirement. Maybe I'll try that someday... not sure.

If you want to follow along my challenge, I'd suggest you take a look at my YouTube playlist, and watch the videos as they get released. Here's a link to my playlist:

• Upvote 1