Rebalance for guns

Darthmoe

A simple change and perhaps and optional mechanic.  Tapping reload cocks the gun, so that it can fire and holding reload button, reloads the ammo.  This way you will have to manually cock the gun before you can fire.  I could definitely see this being required for the distress pistol and rifle, but maybe a second option could turn it on for the revolver as well.  That would effectively make the revolver into a single action instead of a double action like it is now.  

Whats the point? Rate of fire will be based on animation of bolt cycle, so you cannot get any advantage. Except you click and press button.

Its just detail, understable (a few games use this mechanic), but hardly important. 

Edited by Mr. 0

Improved immersion and realism if you (human player) makes a real life mistake and forget to  manually recycle the bolt it just might get you killed.  This is a thing that can and does happen in RL.  Also the intent is not speed guns up and or make gun play faster, or grant an advantage of any kind the intent is to slow gunplay down to make guns harder to use.  In the case of the revolver manually re-cocking the hammer after each shot could slow down the firepower by a decent amount.

You would have to wait to recover from the recoil, manually re-cock the gun, and then fire again once the animation is done.

I like the guns in this game a whole lot, but sometimes I think you end up with a pretty high amount of firepower for a stalker setting.  I think there needs to be a setting between Interloper and Stalker, a setting that still features guns but also makes for a more hardcore survival experience.  There is a lot of room to play between full guns, and no guns.

Maybe even rename the current revolver bullet with the current stats as magnum bullets (.357 magnum bullets) but make it less common to find, and then introduce a new  weaker bullet called revolver bullets (.38 Special) that has a longer bleed out time, and lower critical hit chance, deals less damage on body hits and bears and moose might be functionally immune to .38 Special bullets.  With a weaker bullet you would now have to be really careful about shooting a wolf in the head, or it will require a bit more ammo to stop a wolf.  

6 hours ago, Darthmoe said:

Improved immersion and realism if you (human player) makes a real life mistake and forget to  manually recycle the bolt it just might get you killed.  This is a thing that can and does happen in RL.  Also the intent is not speed guns up and or make gun play faster, or grant an advantage of any kind the intent is to slow gunplay down to make guns harder to use.  In the case of the revolver manually re-cocking the hammer after each shot could slow down the firepower by a decent amount.

You would have to wait to recover from the recoil, manually re-cock the gun, and then fire again once the animation is done.

I like the guns in this game a whole lot, but sometimes I think you end up with a pretty high amount of firepower for a stalker setting.  I think there needs to be a setting between Interloper and Stalker, a setting that still features guns but also makes for a more hardcore survival experience.  There is a lot of room to play between full guns, and no guns.

Maybe even rename the current revolver bullet with the current stats as magnum bullets (.357 magnum bullets) but make it less common to find, and then introduce a new  weaker bullet called revolver bullets (.38 Special) that has a longer bleed out time, and lower critical hit chance, deals less damage on body hits and bears and moose might be functionally immune to .38 Special bullets.  With a weaker bullet you would now have to be really careful about shooting a wolf in the head, or it will require a bit more ammo to stop a wolf.  

Custom mode already lets you manipulate all the settings used by Interloper and Stalker individually.  The only issue is with Base Resource Availability set to Low (as it is in Interloper) and Rifles/Revolvers set to Yes, no gun cleaning kits currently drop.  Still, even that is workable since you can repair rifles/guns at Bleak Inlet.  Animal aggression and detection ranges are completely different settings in custom, as are their spawn distances and spawn rates.  You can make whatever combination of factors you like.

Edited by UpUpAway95