MooseBear, Boose, Mear?

Phoenexus71

I think this is my first post here, and I had to share :)

I'm doing a Nomad run and am in PV at the moment. On my way back to the Outbuildings I moved to the side to avoid some wolves and headed through the birch grove - and saw a moose! Oh my... I can't let this opportunity go to waste... 2 headshots, moose down. I move to quarter it and hear a growl from behind me... BEAR!!! Shit shit shit run up the rocks maybe it can't climb up here! Shoot shoot shoot omg it's not dead yet and it's finding a path up! Shoot shoot... aaaaaaand down.

TL;DR found and shot a moose and before I could quarter it a bear attacked me, but I escaped and got both!!! And now I have a lot of hauling and cooking to do!

MooseBear.png

• Upvote 1

Outstanding marksmanship and quick thinking under pressure!    Dropping them both practically on top of one another, too! 

You get my vote for the Nomad of the Month award!   Btw, what are you gonna do with the hides, since your doing a Nomad run?  

Look at the size of those bear feet!  

26 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

Btw, what are you gonna do with the hides, since you're doing a Nomad run? 

I'm leaving the hides to dry and hauling them from base to base. I'll make my Moose Satchel in TW Mountaineer's Hut once I get there. I'll have to bag a second bear at some point to make my bedroll for sleeping at the Stone Church in DP, but I'm sure I'll have both that and enough for a wolfskin coat by the time I get there.