Bear glitch?

Shadow078

Hey guys,

I have a quick question about something that happened to me recently. I was at the Long Curve in Pleasant Valley during the day, and was going to head back to the farmhouse when I saw the car by the side of the road. I'd never slept in a car before, but my fatigue was decently high so I figured I'd just rest in the car for an hour or two before heading back. I got in the car and slept for an hour, but was then surprised to see a glitchy, shaking outline of a bear pressed up against the side of the car. I didn't know if it was a graphical glitch or an actual bear, but I slept another hour to see if it would go away. When I woke up, there were TWO of them - one on top of the other. This time I exited the car from the other side to make a run for it, but all I had time to do was fire off one shot before one of the bears jumped on me and mauled me to death. Also, I'd read that bears leave you at around 8-10% condition and walk away, but this bear straight up killed me - I was at 100% condition, and not hungry, thirsty, freezing, or tired. Was this supposed to happen, or was it a bug? And are bears supposed to come and stick to your car when you sleep in it? I don't see any way I could have gotten away from that. Thanks in advance!

TL;DR: I got surrounded by bears while in a car and then got killed instantly when getting out. Glitch?

Shadow

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys,

I have a quick question about something that happened to me recently. I was at the Long Curve in Pleasant Valley during the day, and was going to head back to the farmhouse when I saw the car by the side of the road. I'd never slept in a car before, but my fatigue was decently high so I figured I'd just rest in the car for an hour or two before heading back. I got in the car and slept for an hour, but was then surprised to see a glitchy, shaking outline of a bear pressed up against the side of the car. I didn't know if it was a graphical glitch or an actual bear, but I slept another hour to see if it would go away. When I woke up, there were TWO of them - one on top of the other. This time I exited the car from the other side to make a run for it, but all I had time to do was fire off one shot before one of the bears jumped on me and mauled me to death. Also, I'd read that bears leave you at around 8-10% condition and walk away, but this bear straight up killed me - I was at 100% condition, and not hungry, thirsty, freezing, or tired. Was this supposed to happen, or was it a bug? And are bears supposed to come and stick to your car when you sleep in it? I don't see any way I could have gotten away from that. Thanks in advance!

TL;DR: I got surrounded by bears while in a car and then got killed instantly when getting out. Glitch?

Shadow

Can't exit from anything now without paying the 32-bitOS 6second penalty thanks to patch .199. Meanwhile the animals have a jump on you of course.

I wish I could score a copy of .198 from somewhere.

Archived