PS4 V1.72 crashing constantly

IamSameer

Hi all

New player here on PS4 Pro, installed the game last night with the latest patch. Really enjoying what I have been able to see so far, but not getting very far without blue crash screens.

Having game crashes in the storyline beginner area, near the plane in a tree location. Had over 12 blue screen crashes - game on PS4 seems broken.

So far have restarted my PS4 a number of times, deleted and reinstalled the game twice. No luck - game crashes every 15-20 mins, usually around fire pits or as I walk around the rabbit area, just after the crashed plane site.

I have started a support ticket, but this game is unplayable right now. Other games are super stable and have no issues - any suggestions?

Working better now since a hard reset of the PS4 (did not know it existed 😂).

for others facing similar blue screen crashes, a hard rest is holding the PS4 power button down until it beeps twice. Then unplug PS4 from the power socket for 30 secs.

I have had one crash since in 6 hrs of TLD which is ok compared to before!

12 hours ago, IamSameer said:

Working better now since a hard reset of the PS4 (did not know it existed 😂).

for others facing similar blue screen crashes, a hard rest is holding the PS4 power button down until it beeps twice. Then unplug PS4 from the power socket for 30 secs.

I have had one crash since in 6 hrs of TLD which is ok compared to before!

I was about to say you might need a hard restart. It happens to me all the time on a wide variety of games.....Fallout 4, PUBG, long dark.....On console, best bet is to try and unplug it for a minute after a crash. What happens is the system cache gets clogged up and the only solution is a hard shut down in order to clean out the carb. :P 
I do it on my xbox x cause of the same issue, but most game producers are able to identify it and put is some sort of scrubbing code to clear the cache out once every so often.....Sometimes they nail it, other times….well knowing what to do to get things working again on your own is part of the current future. Hopefully next gen will do something about it, but if not, at least we can fall back on basics. 

• 1 year later...
On 1/23/2020 at 5:32 PM, IamSameer said:

So far have restarted my PS4 a number of times, deleted and reinstalled the game twice. No luck - game crashes every 15-20 mins, usually around fire pits or as I walk around the rabbit area, just after the crashed plane site.

Have the same issue.... Reinstalled, hard reset - nothing helps. Crash every 20 min on PS4 Pro.