The disappearing bedroll

Morrick

First things first: if this topic has already been discussed, point me to the relevant thread, and I'll delete this.

I have a few game runs in Survival Mode, and while sometimes it can be difficult to remember each survivor's inventory, I'm pretty sure I'm not hallucinating here. Back when I was waiting for an aurora so I could unlock the door to the Cannery Workshop in Bleak Inlet, I spent a few days sleeping in the anteroom near the fire barrel. Since I needed to come and go without unnecessary weight, I left the bedroll flat on the floor for a few in-game days. Once I got access to the Workshop and explored it, my focus shifted on continuing my exploration of Bleak Inlet, so I kind of forgot about that bedroll. 

Fast forward to yesterday, I was outdoors in Bleak Inlet, near one of the Hunter's Blinds in the Frozen Delta. It was getting dark and the fog didn't seem to lift. My survivor was tired, so I figured I could start a campfire near the blind, put down the bedroll and sleep a few hours. The bedroll wasn't in my inventory. So I thought — Damn, I must have left it outside the Workshop. I started a campfire, gulped down a few cups of coffee, patiently waited for better weather and visibility, headed back to the Cannery, did the usual now-getting-annoying merry-go-round to reach the Workshop… but the bedroll wasn't there either. Huh.

While I wasn't sure whether I had rolled it up and taken with me or not, I am 100% sure I haven't dropped it anywhere else. Since entering the region, the Workshop buildings are the only place where I have slept in that bedroll. I spent two in-game days checking all the buildings in Bleak Inlet, just in case, but the bedroll is nowhere to be found. I know that bedrolls decay more rapidly if left unrolled, but can they actually despawn? And in a relatively short while, like 4-5 days? I'm quite puzzled.