First visit to Thomson's Crossing — A couple of small bugs

Morrick

With the Wintermute update for Episode 3, I didn't realise that the new appearance of Thomson's Crossing was also immediately available in Survival Mode. So I loaded one of my saved games, where my character was stationed in Coastal Highway, and went to Pleasant Valley for a little recoinnassance trip. Since I still haven't played anything in Story Mode, I didn't know exactly where Thomson's Crossing would be, but I suspected it was in the area previously known as Rural Crossroads (no shit, Sherlock).

First of all, let me praise Hinterland for how great and fitting the update to this area feels. The new little church is lovely, and Community Hall is amazing — easily my new preferred location to set base in Pleasant Valley. It's refreshing to see new elements and resources in the interior design, and not the same recycled kitchen cabinets, for example.

When entering Thomson's Crossing and exploring the place I noticed a couple of things I wanted to bring up. I don't know if this has been discussed already. I searched the forums a bit, but didn't find it mentioned.

First thing: invisible car!

screen_e4a91140-29cd-4ab6-830d-e906c6863085_hi.thumb.png.35be920d65a82d6e0b75bb5ea75d56f2.png 

(cue "X-Files" theme)

I tried to capture this the best I could. It's located near the road in the area where the 'Rural Houses' were before the update. The bridge is behind me, and the new houses are on the left of this image. You can see floating in the air all the items that can be removed from the car: the battery, an orange soda that you'd find in the glove box, and a chocolate bar you would find on the dashboard. There was no invisible wall around these objects: I could, e.g., go through them and even pick them up. Near this car there was also a newspaper roll floating in the air, which leads me to believe there is also an invisible mailbox nearby.

Second thing, admittedly very minor: when entering one of the new houses of Thomson's Crossing (the small one with the upstairs bedroom), the game identified it as "Coastal House" instead of "Crossroads House" like with the other houses in the area. I wasn't quick enough for the screenshot, but you can read the name even if it's already fading away:

1442071645_ScreenShot2019-11-02at04_13_05.thumb.png.137831ffc407218ffe8b6d0965f0999c.png

Additional info that may be useful to the Hinterland folks:

• Platform: Mac / Steam

• It's a months-old savegame in Survival Mode, on Pilgrim difficulty. It's not a new game initiated after the Episode 3 update.

Hope this helps!

• Upvote 1