Option to make energy-boosting soups in the game!

n4rut0f4n

Option to make energy-boosting soups in the game!

Players can collect soup base packages that would function similar to coffee tins and herbal tea packages. The soup package could not be consumed directly and could only be cooked in a large cooking pot. Each package would contain 6 packets of soup stock inside and would require water to make the bowls of soup. (Grey Mother’s soup model could be re-used for this idea)

NOW THIS IS THE FUN PART.

You can mix and add more stuff to this thing, such as pork & beans, sardines & cat tail stalk.

The energy boost makes perfect sense since you are adding a variety of different food into a large pot of soup which, theoretically, should be very nutritious. The bigger variety, the bigger energy bonus.

OR..

There is no energy bonus since coffee does that already and so does the GO energy juice. The other option is it’s a big calorie bonus which is cool too I guess.

On top of that, I think there should be another mechanic added in: the option to use the hunting knife and cut up pieces of animal/fish meat and cat tail stalk to add into the soup. Imo, I think this would really add to the cooking experience in the game. (I love cooking, can you tell)

The only problem…

There already exists a tomato soup. Ideally, for my suggestion to make sense, there would be some work redone on the tomato soup, so that it turns into something else? Like canned tomatoes, maybe? This would require to redraw the label on the actual model and to make it more of a less useful item. The canned tomatoes would then have an even poorer calories to weight ratio, thus making it a sucky item, but idk.

Also…  maybe adding in another canned veggie or beans item to the game? Yes? No? Am I asking too much LOL?

• Upvote 1

+1

I like cooking as well. I've questioned why we can't mix venison into that soup or the pork and beans all along (as well as why there is no warming buff for eating hot meat right off the fire). 

I'd add one further refinement. Most soup mix packets can be eaten with just the addition of water, and just about anything else can be added to stretch out the base mix. If we could make the soup mix as both a basic/1 meal item, or add meat/vegetables to it for a 2/3 meal option, it would be far more useful, particularly if the game determined a warming buff for hot soup vs. cold soup. 

As for making it worth while to do the work to add it, a hearty soup would go a long way towards any sort of sanity meter or mental health meter that may be added at some point. 

And, if the devs tossed in a box of biscuit mix, life could occasionally be very good if only for a short period of time 😀

• Upvote 1