my wish for wolf behaviour

miandelam

Hi,

I know we're supposed to post just one item per post but at least it's all related to the same thing ;)

What I personally would like to see is just a few lone wolves and a few packs. For the packs( 3 to 6 to many ;) ) there would be one -alphawolf and the behaviour of all the wolves in the rest of the pack is based/linked on the alphawolf. If the alpha goes in one direction the rest follows in more or less the same direction( instead of just having three wolves sort of roaming in the same general area, completely ignoring eachother) So if the alpha spots you, you're screwed. Maybe the alpha would have a bigger detection radius then normal to make up for the fact that if the wolves in the rest of the pack follow the alpha and only the other wolves notice you( and not the alpha)not much would happen.

The packs would have a much larger area to patrol than the loners, since they're able to defend it. The closer you get to the heart of their area or den so to speak the more aggressive they are. They would give off warnings first however, growling at you etc. The loners would be more likely to run from you.

-They would run occasionally and not just walking in the same pace all the time( even when not chasing something)

-This is really scary but they should be able to outrun humans always unless they are themselves wounded, freezing, fatigued etc.

- If they can actively follow your trail, but this is more difficult in windy conditions, on ice etc.

-If they would also interact with each other( when they killed a deer for example) that would be fantastic.

-If they also have some sleep/rest behaviour

- ( if they don't already do so to some extent: react to the weather)

( if they don't already do so to some extent: the more food you have on you or in your house, the more curious they are)

- if they we're a a dark grey so they would stand out a little more against rocks( just a little)

-and last but not least if they would notice they're full and stop eating ( even if you're watching and not only when you went inside somewhere)

FYI, no real problems with current struggle system personally but something cooler is always better of course.

That's it I think

Archived