Wolves and Fires

Link1714

I just lost my save file at 107 days and 23 hours simply because Wolves are still a little too broken. I'm not talking necessarily about their toughness (which is a little much) or their dps (which is very high) I'm talking about their buggy movement patterns and actions, and ability to spawn directly in front of any shelter you are exiting. I was cooking meat on a fire right in front of a shelter, a roaring fire. I was in the middle of cooking meat where on screen in front of me,only about 2 yards away, a wolf appeared walking sideways as if he wasn't even aware of my presence, or the fires. No growling, howling, or anything. Then since i was cooking the meat and I couldn't quite fast enough to hit the door, he was on top of me. I died because my health wasn't high enough to be outside (60% i think, my mistake admittedly) but I had the fire going and the wolf was way too close. The spawning right outside the door when exiting is brutal, and the fact that they hardly ever respect the fire or the flares is really wearing down--Especially if bears are coming. I already have enough to worry about with my clothes falling apart at every turn. I love, love, love this game and I still think its a good difficulty level, even with these problems i've mentioned. I just think the player needs to be thrown a bone when it comes to wolf spawning and aggression. I need to be able to do more than to build a fire throw a flare and HOPE the wolf leaves me alone. Even if the wolf goes away i'm still out a flare and firewood. Possibly more cloth damage if its snowy out.

Also I noticed that wind blows even if you up against a source that blocks the wind direction. Fore example, if you are walking next to a large mountain formation or a boulder that blocks a huge area to your right, and wind is coming from your right, then you should be blocked from the wind. I do notice it saying "warmer" sometimes and that's a great feature, I just want to be sure that its blocking you from the clothing damage. Same with building a fire in windy situations, sometimes the game allows you to build a fire if you have windward shelter but not always, i think its still buggy. Visually, the wind shouldn't come out of the rock formation either.

I'm not whining, and i'm about to start my new game now :) but here's the debug log in case anything helps.

Initialize engine version: 4.5.3p4 (80c2d1be1221)

GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1

Direct3D:

Version: Direct3D 9.0c [atklumdisp.dll 7.14.10.304]

Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

Vendor: NVIDIA

VRAM: 977 MB (via DXGI)

Caps: Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=0 INTZ=1 RAWZ=0 NULL=1 RESZ=0 SlowINTZ=0

Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\SampleClassLibrary.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\SampleClassLibrary.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\SuperSplines.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\SuperSplines.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Pathfinding.ClipperLib.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Pathfinding.ClipperLib.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Ionic.Zip.Reduced.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Ionic.Zip.Reduced.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Pathfinding.Ionic.Zip.Reduced.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Pathfinding.Ionic.Zip.Reduced.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Pathfinding.JsonFx.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Pathfinding.JsonFx.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Pathfinding.Poly2Tri.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Pathfinding.Poly2Tri.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\DecalSystem.Runtime.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\DecalSystem.Runtime.dll into Unity Child Domain

- Completed reload, in 0.079 seconds

Initializing input.

Input initialized.

desktop: 1920x1080 60Hz; virtual: 1920x1080 at 0,0

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\UnityScript.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\Boo.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)

The tree TRN_PineTree_GroupJ_Prefab couldn't be instanced because the prefab contains no valid mesh renderer

(Filename: Line: 53)

UnloadTime: 4.476430 ms

Successfully initialized Steam!

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)

Unloading 7 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 5931 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 10929.

Total: 25.373922 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.935770 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.352237 ms MarkObjects: 19.296062 ms DeleteObjects: 4.289083 ms)

GAME VERSION: Sandbox Alpha v.170

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Received stats and achievements from Steam

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Sample Positions' - Pass '' shader state not supported

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Sample Positions' - Setting to default shader.

UnloadTime: 15.232502 ms

Unloading 16 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 282 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 13132.

Total: 18.981680 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.729497 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.221030 ms MarkObjects: 14.354796 ms DeleteObjects: 2.759513 ms)

UnloadTime: 9.259865 ms

Unloading 6 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 451 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 46330.

Total: 181.934464 ms (FindLiveObjects: 3.085124 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.767672 ms MarkObjects: 175.553131 ms DeleteObjects: 2.018467 ms)

Could not terminate pathfinding thread[3] in 50ms, trying Thread.Abort

UnloadTime: 155.111481 ms

Unloading 14 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 393 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 41813.

Total: 85.232468 ms (FindLiveObjects: 2.560618 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.754198 ms MarkObjects: 79.742302 ms DeleteObjects: 1.504226 ms)

UnloadTime: 15.153906 ms

Unloading 8 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 452 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 45013.

Total: 233.505478 ms (FindLiveObjects: 4.739164 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.921655 ms MarkObjects: 225.349152 ms DeleteObjects: 1.946287 ms)

Could not terminate pathfinding thread[0] in 50ms, trying Thread.Abort

UnloadTime: 119.346878 ms

Unloading 18 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 482 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 41870.

Total: 89.323936 ms (FindLiveObjects: 2.749248 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.725005 ms MarkObjects: 83.233887 ms DeleteObjects: 1.911962 ms)

UnloadTime: 16.335409 ms

Unloading 7 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 447 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 45415.

Total: 238.361084 ms (FindLiveObjects: 2.699203 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.794298 ms MarkObjects: 232.352844 ms DeleteObjects: 1.911641 ms)

sounds good, sorry i'm new to this stuff T_T wasn't sure what to classify it as, because I have experienced lots of wolf issues since posting this, and Idk whats a bug and whats a tuning thing. The Wolves warping into the shack thing is alarming, unsure if i will fish tonight o_o . Thank you.

Archived