The game simply won't start (OS X Yosemite v.10.10)

WibWobRavenclaw

I'm pretty clueless when it comes to the technical side of computers, so bear with me. Starting from Steam, when I press "Play," the icon hops around in my dock for a long time. Once it's finished hopping, when one would normally expect the program to open, it just sits there, perceivably doing nothing, for an equally long amount of time, before disappearing completely. Nothing further comes of it. Any thoughts or suggestions? Please and thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I can tell you now, that it works very well on Yosemite. I would try and do what RJIII suggested, but do it from Steam menu, and ⌃ + Click on the The Long Dark in the Library Menu, then click on Delete Local Content. Then try and re-install the game.

If this still persists, upload your Player.log file found at ~/Library/Logs/Unity ( the ~ Tilde key detonating your Home Folder (or the one with the little house)).

You can add attachments via the Upload Attachments below the reply box when in the Full Editor mode. This will help the Devs find your issue.

Archived