TAKEOFF (Custom challenge)

kopo79

Story about events:
you have landed on top of the Timberwolf mountains because malfunction of your Zenith stol CH-750.
Power of your plane was not working properly and it forced you to took emergency landing on top.
To get yourself to "takeoff" from the mountain you have to gather 8 kilograms of scrap metal and 3 quality tools and carry items on top to fix the plane
After your emergency landing, you decided to climb down from the top and travel near area to search useful items but snowstorm got you lost.

Can you gather all resources and take off the mountain?

General rules :
- Custom setting code: 8p21-UhV8-NQBm-2GWN-WwAA
- Starting area is Pleasant valley
- You can`t interact any cargo containers on top of the mountain in plane wreck.Containers don`t exist! 

- Other cargo containers are in play in Timberwolf region.
- Take pictures of your metal scraps and quality tools to get yourself approved mark in this thread
- Live 3 days on top after completed to gather all required items to simulate "fixing plane"
- When all this primary tasks have been completed....took picture from google,where you "take off" and share with us!

SIDENOTES:
This is first attempt to create this custom challenge and i haven`t managed to get through it because all the testing.
I`m not that pro player of long dark but this is what i want to try.
All the required items to pass this challenge and live on top of the mountain is approx amounts.
Any tips and changes or new idea are welcome.
In the first...this challenge is for myself becaue i dont know if this even possible in game yet...i dont want to waste other players time,
but if someone want to try,its nice.
I don`t know if this is too easy or too hard,like i write,my first attempt.
If you try this and decide to make thread about it and start journal,maybe its clearer to use survival stories forum.
Use your imagination.
Please don`t die.
Read the rules.
Don`t use online maps.
If you try this,don`t forget to check custom settings how those are settled,examble no cabin fever

Followed the bear up to the Waterfall Cave. I was afraid I was going to have to spend the night there but he wandered across the frozen river towards a deer and I shimmied around a wolf who had just take down a rabbit so was distracted.  Made it to the rope, made it to the little cave/over hanging rock sheltered area and slept.  Woke up and climbed to the summit but not without taking a rest on the little ledge there.  Finally made it to the plane!  Now I can spend my three days recovering.

theplane.jpg

Ahh - the details!  

I was very determined and focused.  I wanted to be a survivor.  I will say that I was very surprised to find three quality toolboxes fairly quickly.  That was both a blessing and bane because I had to lug them all over the place and they are both heavy and clunky.  I did not stay in Pleasant Valley because I could not find enough scrap metal and I knew that I needed a lot to make my repairs on the plane. 

I slipped through the mine to the Coastal Highway.  I left my toolboxes in the mine because I knew I would be returning.  I was very blessed to find an old gas station/quonset hut  were I was able rest, gather my strength and find enough scrap metal to meet my needed repairs, I hoped!  I was terrified by the bear that roamed the area there but managed to keep out of his way though how I managed to do this, I still don't know.  I managed to keep from starving by slinging rocks at rabbits and keeping warm by the fire I built to cook them and melt some snow for drinking.  It was very strained and desperate and I don't think I ever really got any good rest.  I was always terrified of the wolves, starvation, dehydration or the never ending cold.  I am amazed that I did not loose any extremities from frostbite.  It was a constant battle.

I headed back to Pleasant Valley through the mines, gathering my toolboxes and enjoying the warmer conditions and the peaceful rest from the wolves.  Back in the open I was constantly on the alert for wolves and bears.  I managed to find cat tails as I wondered my way back to the ridge where I knew I would have to climb out to get to the plane wreckage.  I took warmth in abandoned vehicles and shamelessly looted dead bodies in hopes of finding warmer clothing.  The days and nights of fighting for my survival definitely took a toll on my spiritual, physical and mental well being.  It would be so much easier to just lay down and let the cold wash over me, wrapping me in the cold grip that begins to feel warm and so inviting.  No!  I make a small fire and I drink a small bit of coffee,  its warmth bolstering my resolve to get out and leave this hell hole of a frozen nightmare behind me.   Determined, I make the climb!

After a brief rest on a small ledge, I am able to finally leave Pleasant Valley behind me.  With a quick check to reassure myself that I do indeed have all the materials that I am hoping will be enough to fix my downed aircraft, I journey on towards my goal.

I spend the night in a little hut where I gain little warmth but manage to sleep and regain some of my reserves.  I even find a few bits of canned food.  Food!  It definitely helped stave off my constant rumbling companion.  More determined than ever, I push on.  The day is good and the weather holds as I slowly make my way up towards the pinnacle where my crashed plane patiently awaits.  

My spirits are high and perhaps I am feeling overly confident as I round a bend and there, right there, is a bear!  Instinctively I crouch.  He doesn't see me!  I slowly back away and find an outcropping to hide behind.  The brute is actually moving away from me but of course ... towards my destination.  Angry at my stupidity and now highly attuned to his movements, I slowly follow him.  Movement is painfully slow and I fear the weather won't hold.  But it does.  I watch the bear slowly make his way across a frozen stream, apparently intent on a deer.  While his is distracted, I make my move towards the cliff face that I know I must ascend.  What! A wolf!  No!

Yes - a wolf but her focus is on the rabbits that are moving through the clearing.  She captures one and feeds as I quietly slip past and make it to the base of the cliff.  After a quick uneventful climb, I am exhausted.  I take refuge in a small, sheltered area. I wouldn't call it a cave but certainly a sheltered covered area where I build a fire and manage not to freeze while I lay down in my bedroll and sleep fitfully.  

Predawn arrives and I take enough time to down some cold coffee before heading out to my final ascent.  I'm feeling energized and excited and then I hear a wolf's howl not far off.  Damn!  I'm so close!  I run to the cliff face.  The rope is still hanging there.  Waiting for me.  Like a friend.  I don't look back, grab the rope and I climb.  It feels like forever and I realize, I'm not going to make it to the top.  I'm desperate and astonished.  How can I possibly get this close only to fail?  As I near the end of my reserves, I notice to my left a small ledge. I take a risk and step over to it, dragging my rope with me.  I manage to secure a foothold.  There is enough room for my bedroll and I waste no time in snuggling in for a quick nap, too exhausted to care if I freeze to death in my sleep.  Several hours slip past and it is still early daylight when I open my eyes.  The sky is clear, not sunny, over cast but not snowing and I can see for miles.  I inhale deeply as I pack away my bedroll thinking, "This is it.  I either make it to the top or I slip in the cold of the darkness."

I down a bit more coffee that I somehow managed to overlook before. With some fresh caffeine coursing through my system, I grab the rope, lean back and step off the ledge.  The coffee has given me new strength.  As I climb on, I hear the voice of the lone wolf.  Howling, calling, as if she is saddened that I am leaving her down there, to face the cold alone.  I am.  I feel a sudden surge of energy as I meet the summit and step away from the rope.  I made it!  Before me is my goal, my injured plane, like a faithful steed awaiting my return.  I give a cry of joy as I recklessly run towards the wreckage.  I made it!

The day is young and I quickly set up a small camp and get to work on the wreckage, praying that I managed to gather enough resources to make the necessary repairs.  Days pass and suddenly I realize that everything is ready.  I have finished and it is time to see if all my work and struggles have been enough.  I spend one last night in my small camp, curled up in my bedroll near a small but fiercely warm fire.  I gaze up at the night sky, watching the aurora over head as it dances over the stars.  I close my eyes enjoying the warmth that surrounds me.

Morning dawns cold but clear. Perfect flying weather.  With a final sweep I clear my camp and stow my gear.  I climb into the plane and go through my pre-flight check list.  Really just habit but necessary for my nerves.  Finally, I start the engine.  It coughs and sputters but catches, roaring to life.  My heart lifts and I can't help but break into a grin.  "Okay girl, let's get the hell out of here, shall we?!!"  As if in response the engine purrs and holds steady.  With one last glance I look out.  There is no runway before me, just a short bit of a meadow and then ... the nothingness of air.  I rev the engine and let go.  We speed across the rocky, ice encrusted piece of land, heading for the edge.  As the wheels of my little craft leave the ground, we take off, into the cold, clear sky of the mountain!  We are airborne!

The mountain top slowly grows smaller as I turn the plane towards home.  I take a quick check of my gauges and controls, feeling my confidence settle in, I set my course and breath.  Looking out my window, I realize I'm looking for the little wolf.  Is that her, down there on the frozen stream?  I smile, "Good luck to you little wolf. Good hunting, stay warm!"

Archived