Wolves disappear

tclementdev

First two things I'm not sure are bugs:

- dead wolves I have killed are disappearing from the map after a few days

- one dead wolf, I could see only a tiny piece of it as if it was mostly buried under the snow

Now the obvious bug:

- I killed a wolf near a fisherman house between the two islands (coastal highway), I took 3kg of meat and cooked it in the house + melt/boiled some water. When I went out another wolf was at me so I killed it as well (rifle) and right just after the shoot when I looked down the two wolves were just not there anymore. I missed a lot of meat due to this.

I'm not sure, but this bug (the last one) is probably related to the bug causing wildlife to sometimes disappear. I've seen a post #308: Prematurely Vanishing Wolf Carcass about something similar that happened to me too (dead wolf disappearing while harvesting). That post is classified as duplicate though, and I can't find the original one (I don't know if it's already fixed for the next update).

I'm not sure, but this bug (the last one) is probably related to the bug causing wildlife to sometimes disappear. I've seen a post #308: Prematurely Vanishing Wolf Carcass about something similar that happened to me too (dead wolf disappearing while harvesting). That post is classified as duplicate though, and I can't find the original one (I don't know if it's already fixed for the next update)

Looks like it. Thanks for the link!

The other two things I think there aren't bugs, the first one is normal (corpses disappear when you cannot get more meat,hide and gut from them)

Actually there was still meat/hide/gut left to harvest from the carcasses and that didn't prevent them from disappearing.

and the second one It might be because of the weather changes (after a windy/snowy day?), but never happened to me.

Yep maybe.

The other two things I think there aren't bugs, the first one is normal (corpses disappear when you cannot get more meat,hide and gut from them)

Actually there was still meat/hide/gut left to harvest from the carcasses and that didn't prevent them from disappearing.)

Even if you don't harvest them, carcasses decay over time and disappear after a few days (when the carcass condition reaches 0%).

In the current version of the game (v.156) it sometimes happens a carcass is completely empty (0 meat, 0 hide, 0 gut) right after it is killed. It then disappears after a few hours. This is a bug that will be fixed in the next update.

Thanks for the information. In my case I think it might be a different issue, at least there was still meat (1.7 kg) and hide after the wolf carcass disappeared (the harvesting panel was open when the dead wolf disappeared).

In the post #308: Prematurely Vanishing Wolf Carcass Bill Tarling talked about something similar to what happened to the second wolf tclementdev mentioned: a dead wolf carcass disappearing one second after killed. The previous wolf disappeared a few hours after killed (after cooking meat and melting/boiling water) but right after it was killed it wasn't empty (he took 3 kg of meat).

There are some issues with carcasses disappearing in the current version (v.156) but I'm not sure if there are all the same bug.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived