config file request

MueckE

I would like to have a simple config file where all ingame options like keys, sound, graphics .... can be adjusted manually. No need for an advanced config with additional values like in other games, just simply everything that you can do also ingame. Oh, maybe also some launch options.

This config should be a simple textfile that can be read and changed on any system/pc and shoud be an redirected file from the original wich stays untouched but is temporarily overwritten when starting the game (so if you do something wrong, you can just delete that file and a new, clean one will be created with the original settings stored in the original config or cloud)

It's a long time ago, but in my early days in Counter Strike (i believe in all garry's/valve games), i remember having a standard config and with "exec .... .cfg" you could create your own additional config if you didn't want to change the values in the original config. So i'm thinking of something similar. You could open these configs with a simple text editor on any computer.

Archived