motion sickness from new animations

ialpiriel

I'm really enjoying the new update! Having fun learning the new region and new mechanics, etc etc. Looking forward to learning them more!

Unfortunately, I had a hitch in my game (fairly common, nbd) and I ended up with a sprained ankle, fairly early on. This didn't used to be a big deal, but the new, wildly swinging camera animation to go with a sprained ankle is....nauseating, after only a short while. The obvious solution is "take painkillers or sleep", but sometimes you just woke up and your painkillers are halfway across the map. 

I know with the big UI update there was the option to change some of the controls to be more accessible, is there a possibility the animation could be tuned down, or turned off, or is this an unfortunate side effect that I'm just going to have to live with?

(Not sure if this is the exact right topic, but it seemed the most applicable, since I doubt it's a bug)

21 minutes ago, ialpiriel said:

I'm really enjoying the new update! Having fun learning the new region and new mechanics, etc etc. Looking forward to learning them more!

Unfortunately, I had a hitch in my game (fairly common, nbd) and I ended up with a sprained ankle, fairly early on. This didn't used to be a big deal, but the new, wildly swinging camera animation to go with a sprained ankle is....nauseating, after only a short while. The obvious solution is "take painkillers or sleep", but sometimes you just woke up and your painkillers are halfway across the map. 

I know with the big UI update there was the option to change some of the controls to be more accessible, is there a possibility the animation could be tuned down, or turned off, or is this an unfortunate side effect that I'm just going to have to live with?

(Not sure if this is the exact right topic, but it seemed the most applicable, since I doubt it's a bug)

We're so glad you mentioned this! In this very update we've added a new setting under Options>Display -- Dampen Camera Motions. If you turn it on you should find the animation from the Sprained ankles much more manageable. We hope it helps!

Archived