Size of buildings and repetition, stoves

Burning Bridges

Some feedback after 2 days of playing.

Great work on the new map, furniture etc. It needs to be spiced up some more until it is equal to Mystery Lake.

I give Mystery Lake 10/10 (the scarcity, diversity and character of places is pure genius). Coastal Highway in it current, early form ~7/10 .. it feels more cooky-cutter and could use some improvements

Some things that are not so good.

Size of building interior/exterior cell mismatch

A few of the new interiors seem to be about 4-8x larger and also higher than they look from outside.

I don't mind if there is a slight discrepancy, but things must not get completely absurd. Normally the team is very good at those things, and in the old map it all was not so bad. I think there are obviously many placeholders left just wanted to say they are still very noticeable.

Repetition of loot

You will quickly realize that most houses share the same interior AND the same loot table. You will know there will be a dead guy and a hatchet or just a dead guy or a hatchet, but never something different.

still work in progress just wanted to say that the game would benefit greatly if the interiors from both maps would be mixed. That is to say the interiors of the Mystery Lake cabins would break a lot of the repetition at the Highway, and vice versa. You will get away with using every interior twice, but not four times and more.

A lot could be gained by transferring some of the cabins between maps.

Stoves

I really hope there would be stoves in some places, like the Jackrabbit Island, Misanthropes etc. Perhaps stoves could be randomized too? That would be cool because then everyone would have a slightly different experience, depending on randomization there could be completely different places that become suitable as bases.

In the long term it would also be fantastic if we could move a stove from point A to B, I hope the programming is not excruciatingly difficult.

Size of building interior/exterior cell mismatch

It doesn't bother me as much as it does you, so I don't mind. If it can be adapted, sure, go for it. But if they don't, then won't be bothered by that.

Repetition of loot

Yes I agree. And I've made a thread about it before here: Locations used multiple times

But you are wrong on one thing: they do share interiors across maps. At least I have entered the trailers and names (Names can be seen by enabling debug mode) and loot were exactly the same on both maps. This continues to be a point that I highly dislike, but apparently this cannot be helped right now.

Stoves

I don't mind there not being stoves everywhere. I think if anything, there should be a small gas stove added, instead of making only stoves randomized.

Then again, what I'd most like to see is randomized interiors with randomized loot containers in them. So if this were to be implemented, your suggestion would be included as well.

I dont see how you could live in the canadian wilderness and NOT have a stove in every house or cabin, its kind of a given unless you want to freeze to death.

Some of the more modern places could have a gas / electricial heating. And the smaller cabins would be used only for spring/summer/fall. They could also have portable stoves

I dont see how you could live in the canadian wilderness and NOT have a stove in every house or cabin, its kind of a given unless you want to freeze to death.

Some of the more modern places could have a gas / electricial heating. And the smaller cabins would be used only for spring/summer/fall. They could also have portable stoves

A lot of houses that are in country type locations have propane as their fuel source. When I was seeing those gas tanks and noticed the stoves in the houses I was thinking great I can use these stoves... No such luck. I do not think it reasonable that every house would be totally dead with their propane not working. Now I think that each one that had propane should have a random amount where each would eventually run out, but as it stands the best part of the houses in the coastal highway is using them as bases as they have lots of large containers.

Archived