Conflicting Achievements?

jolynsbass

Hello all,

I'm into alternating between doing "Interloper / survive as long as you can" runs and "Stalker / All Achievements" runs, and I'm currently on one of my best efforts so far on the latter of those two. Here's the question: If I've got my skill level in a certain thing, e.g. Cooking, up to 5, so it doesn't let me read any books on the topic, does this make it impossible to get the "Penitent Scholar" Award? Seems counter-intuitive to me to essentially require a survivor not to actually use any of the skills he reads about in order to be able to read all of the books in the game. I need to know if I have to re-strategize my "all achievements" run technique (trying to get all of the feasible survivor achievements in one-run, including the read all books, and get all skills up to 5...) 

Thanks for any insights you can supply me with!

I may be wrong, but if you aren't finding and reading any books before your skill gets to level 5, then you're out of luck regarding the "Penitent Scholar" achievement, which makes perfect sense given the actual requirements. I can't imagine getting to that level before finding the required books, unless they simply aren't in the world, but I suppose if one also doesn't explore every nook and cranny, it could happen.

Archived