The way bugs seem to be handled is dissapointing

HulaJames

Hey there,

I was going through the public bugs database for the game, and I came across a bug report submitted by a user for the 'wake up player when freezing' option in survival mode not working. I would agree that this is a major bug, maybe even game-breaking, as it can potentially end a very long run when the player expects this feature to work, and goes to sleep in some cave or somewhere else he may freeze, and end up freezing to death in his sleep - this would be very frustrating for an unsuspecting player in any long run. So I was quite surprised to see this answer from Hinterland support under this bug report - essentially telling the player that they will not be addressing this issue, closing the bug report, and even telling them to not report this again. There was no other mention of this (major) bug in the bug database, that we know has existed for quite some time now.

I thought the purpose of the public bugs database, and test branch, was specifically to test issues and find bugs. I hope that this is reassessed and this clearly major bug is looked into during this test branch and fixed in the upcoming update. It's unfortunate, that a paying player who goes out of his way to report a bug, essentially working as a free-of-charge QA tester, is dismissed of his help to fix issues in the software like this. There are clearly many bugs to look into still and the way they seem to be handled now only discourages them getting fixed. 

Archived