Some random ideas

XAlaskan_420X

* The ability to drag a wolf carcass to your fire. (also making an immersive drag mark in the snow)
* A sled and rope to pull additional gear (or 2 additional bags).
* A can of Apricot juice as a loot item. (I actually got this idea while drinking a can of apricot juice).
* Apple Cider packets as a loot item (like tea, it will use water to cook, warms you up when drinking but minus additional effects).
* Beer as a loot item.
* Hard alcohol as a loot item: Like Whiskey & Vodka
(with the ability to use it as first aid anti-septic / screen blurs in and out for an in-game hour after drinking - time of "drunk effect" increases when drinking more - cannot sew while drunk and firing accuracy is slightly reduced)
* A craftable Icebox that you can place outdoors and store meat in (raw or cooked). 
EDIT:
* The ability to drink water while it is hot after boiling to warm up (Some kind of cool down time system for water).
* New trees such as Willow, Pine, Young Fir and Young Cedar. All of these can be used to make tea. See youtube vids on pine needle tea. Inner Pine Bark is edible raw or roasted. Raw Inner Pine Bark can be fashioned into an antiseptic band-aid. Pine Sap is edible and can treat burn wounds.

Source for Willow Bark Tea: http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/willow/
Willow Bark tea acts like aspirin (I don't know what that would mean in in-game, but there is that).
(this might make the game too easy but...) A craftable stashbox. So you can put down stash boxes across the map and put it on the map when surveying the area.

[More Wild Animals]
* Canadian Lynx. Canadian Lynx are endangered and rare, but in post-apocalypse where many people have died and human population is somewhat reduced along with hunting, perhaps their population has climbed... for whatever reason. maybe they are not just killed less but also they have more rabbits available to eat now and thus they have populated accordingly (in the TLD backstory). Perhaps, they could still be rare and hard to find when in the game (whatever seems most realistic). They are weary of humans and run fast, should be hard to hunt in-game. If you see one guarding a freshly killed rabbit and you get too close into into its space maybe it will attack you. If you manage to kill one, you can make a warmer ear wrap out of its hide. and cook lynx meat, ew gross, but that is what you do to survive in the long dark. Right?...
Squirrels. Squirrels that can run up trees and the ability to hunt and trap them.
Weasels. http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/weasel/

* Other ideas I have, I am aware have already been talked about in other forums and that includes: Ability to drop backpack, a crossbow weapon, a shotgun and 9mm pistol. 
* Besides those, if any of my "random ideas" have already been thought about and talked about in the wishlist: I didn't know. Sorry.
I can agree that we probably should try to not repeat the same ideas in new forums.

(WILL EDIT LIST)
(TAKING IDEAS AS WELL)

• 5 months later...

Chaga tea: Harvesting Chaga Mushrooms

heat stroke/heat sickness: 

Who would've thought in a arctic game like The Long Dark, that you could actually get HOT. Well it turns out that when you use the forge, you can get pretty hot and you notice this when you look at the temperature conditions.
So that is when you take clothes off and dry it by the fire.

The ability to take off clothes and place it next to a fire to dry it. Should not work it clothes is places on snow. So this would be done in caves for an example.

Archived