Disappearing Bear (Jeremiah's Folly)

vibernina

My bear has disappeared and I'm stuck at 4/6 encounters. I got mauled twice in earlier encounters and then got stuck on a rock on the fourth encounter after shooting the bear with my rifle and flare gun. I had no choice but to fall down and was at 5% condition so I slept in the Camp Office for the night. The next morning I went to the next encounter location and found nothing. I tried leaving the region and coming back but didn't find any bear. I then tried going to every location again, in order. Still nothing. This is the second time the exact same thing has happened to me. Is there anything I can do to fix this or do I have to replay Episode 2 once again?

13 hours ago, L² said:

I also lost him at 4/6, however, I found that if I went back to where I shot him near the Lake Office, I was able to pick back up on his blood trail and by following it again, I was able to find him again.

I went back to the rock where I shot him and sure enough there was his blood trail! I think he only spawns if you follow his trail since I had passed the area where he appeared again several times with no bear. Thank you so much I thought I was going to have to restart again!

Archived