Exiting the first cave freeze (sort of solved)

Theurg

Hi.

I'm not sure if someone else has the same problem, but in story mode, not long after finding the crushed plane, there is a transiting cave - first one, i think - and i've got a problem exiting it. When loading wolf is gone, i can see a landscape on the other side for a moment, and then in about a second looks like a cutscene should pop up, but instead i can only see a white screen with hardware loading mouse pointer, and a windows' suggestion to close freezed program tdl.exe.

I played TLD a lot in a sandbox mode before, and there wasn't even a single freeze of such a sort on my PC's current hardware.

Maybe i should attach some kind of crush log to this, but i don't know where to look for it.

Will be grateful for any help.

Update:

Its now cleared that i was trying to leave the cave through the entrance, not moving forward. However, i managed to locate a problem - there is a frozen corpse sitting just near the entrance, and when i was trying to loot it before leaving the cave, game was freezed for a half a second but opens inventory screen and then, when i leave cave, i get total frozen white screen like it written above. If from this point i didn't search corpse before leaving, the game process was going on without any problems. So looks like it was corpse's fault keeping me inside - maybe it could be interesting for Hinterland bug fixers.

Update 2:

Got stuck in cutscene with old grandma with rifle in Miltown. Game freeze with white screen every time in the same moment of dialogue, and now there are no options to try and avoid this freeze. Sad.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Sorry.

AMD Athlon X4 750K 3.4Ghz

AMD Radeon HD 6570 (Catalyst says that driver version is up to date; and could be important - after closing the frozen TLD, the first thing i see on a desktop for a moment is standart Windows message in a tray bubble about "Video driver was re- initialized after crash" or something like that, just can't give a precise translation from my Win system language.)

4 Gb RAM + Win7 x64

Finally found where the log file could be, attached it here. I'm not sure this one is right because of it creation date, took it from \AppData\LocalLow\Hinterland\TheLongDark. If this one is outdated, please tell me where i can get fresh one.

Update:

Added SpeedFan survey for a moment of TLD crash. Looks like temperatures are ok.

And very strange and creepy thing i see every time during this cutscene, in first 5 seconds. Wondering whose this hand could be...=)

Thanks.

output_log.txt

CreepyThing.jpg

Temp.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived