Episode 2 Spoilers - Quest trigger?

LucidFugue

Does anyone know what the quest trigger is for the side-quest "Lake Gunshots"? 

The journals entry reads "Jeremiah says he heard gunshots across Mystery Lake. Could it have something to do with the Forest Talkers?"

Only I don't remember Jeremiah saying anything of the sort. I have maximum trust and have completed his quest line up to the point of visiting the dam during the Aurora. I had just picked up Lake cabin keys 1 & 2, and was visiting Lone Lake Cabin (the northernmost cabin sitting alone). I unlocked and entered the cabin. I basically looted the whole place in a minute or two. Didn't do anything to pass the time. Upon leaving the cabin, Will exclaimed "Shit, someone had a bad day" or something similar. There was a trail of blood from the steps of the cabin leading to a frozen body out on the lake. 

Except I wasn't outside Lone Lake Cabin anymore. Upon exiting that cabin I had been placed on the front step of the northern-most cabin from the middle set of cabins. So not only did a random body appear on the lake during the time I was in the cabin, I'd been magically teleported to a completely different cabin. I don't even recall hearing any gunshot sound from inside the cabin as the journal entry suggests. 

I was curious to hear how other people triggered this quest. Particularly the trail of blood/dead body aspect. Not sure whether you're supposed to be able to just come across it, or if you're supposed to enter/exit a specific cabin or any indoor interior within the Lake vicinity. I will post a bug about my experience, but I want to understand the expected behaviour and I can't reproduce it at all because I don't back up my saves. 

Okay - now the lake cabin is completely bugged. Have caught it on video. Uploading to Youtube. Basically whenever I enter the Lone Lake Cabin, the door exits me at one of the three cabins on the other side of the lake. 

Does this happen to anyone else? 

On 8/5/2017 at 5:08 PM, LucidFugue said:

I had just picked up Lake cabin keys 1 & 2, and was visiting Lone Lake Cabin (the northernmost cabin sitting alone).

Hey, random question but do you remember where you found the key for cabin 1?

Not precisely. I had gone to Forlorn Muskeg and Broken Railroad hunting Forest Talker and Mystery Lake supply caches. I can't recall exactly where along the way I got it. 

Check the dead body in the Forlorn Muskeg cave (entrance at the waterfall up near the radio tower). No guarantees, but my gut is telling me that was it. 

After he hears the gunshots, you're supposed to walk over to the three cabins and find the dead body, then follow the blood to the leftmost of the three cabins and activate the door. But I'm also having the same glitch. Didn't interfere with anything, but it confuses me every time I leave the lone lake cabin haha

Archived