Aurora and full moon hand in hand?

Zeppelin

I have seen the aurora in the game, and when it appears like there is a full moon every time. All the pictures and videos I have seen about the aurora, also shows a full moon. I'm starting to think that the moon has cycluses - can anyone confirm this? Do I have to wait a full moon cyclus for the aurora to appear? This is my second attempt to finish Wintermute episode 2, bur I'm standing at the same place - at the dam, without the aurora.

im up to that bit also, and im stuck just like you, waiting. i was thinking about the moon correlation to the aurora, and we may be on to something....sorta sux though, doesn full moon only happen once a month? that doesnt seem to be enough for something as cool as the aurora....

6 hours ago, Zeppelin said:

Well, I have now seen the moon in almost it's full cyclus (THAT'S MANY DAYS), so I'm waiting for full moon to appear any day now. Hopefully the aurora will come with it. Getting pretty good with the rifle these days......

Could you keep us updated on the full moon cyclus? :) I remember having full moon one night, but there was no Aurora showing for me that night...

One thing I noticed, not sure if it's correct though. I had 2 DAYS of heavy blizzard before I got the Aurora. And clear starry skies at night. (Might have been an coincidence,)

Well, I waited 6 more days for the full moon to appear. It was full moon for 2 -4 days ( I could not see the moon the last 2, because of the storm). But unfortynately, when the full moon had past, I had still not got an aurora.

BUT!

Now Hinterland has released Patch 4 for Steam, so this issue, with the aurora not appearing, has said to be fixed! I'm  updating my game now to see if it works.

Me too! I waitet 40+ days over 2 games. After the patch, I waitet 4 more nights, and the aurora came on night 4! So happy. I have now finished episode 2. Can't wait for 3 to come!

As a quick note, I can confirm that the full moon and aurora does not necessary walk hand in hand. The aurora appeared when there was no full moon.

Archived