Beautiful but flawed

Gori

On 8/6/2017 at 0:20 AM, TWM said:

Apparently, this is a frame rate issue. Although on my system, I *do* have the same issue with wolves. It's quite frustrating getting eaten all the time (even on Voyageur).

Thank you  TWM

I suppose it could be related to framerate - my mac isn't as powerful as my pc was but I tried struggling with the absolute lowest settings

640*480 everything low or off all sliders to 0

and I could not see a significant difference but I am pretty convinced that it's a problem with my mac or the mouse or the combination of both

because by now I bought the game for the ps4 ( EU ) and I had no problems pulling the shard

The thing is, even though it is significantly better on the ps4 - I still cannot survive a single wolf struggle since wintermute release

I did some testing on the bridge wolf:

I had 100% condition ( slept in car )

I had the metal shard equipped

I tried pressing the button with the suggested constant 2 clicks per second - dead

I tried pressing the button a bit faster 3-4 clicks per second - dead

I tried pressing the button as fast as possible ~8-10 clicks per second - dead

The good thing is - I have now some visual feedback, I see the strugglebar moving but whatever I do I cannot survive a wolf encounter

I tried this 10 times then I got frustrated again, threw my torch in his face and booked it, so I managed to progress but it is still very unnerving to know that if I ever mess up the torch throwing, distracting, baiting or sneaking - I will get eaten

Don't get me wrong - it is totally possible that the game is 100% fine and I am just really, really bad at wolf struggling 

but I feel I should be able to at least survive it in 1 of say 5 tries - I managed to struggle with wolves just fine in the sandbox for a long time

So anyone else struggling with struggling ?

7 hours ago, Gori said:

I tried struggling with the absolute lowest settings

640*480 everything low or off all sliders to 0

and I could not see a significant difference

That's odd, because after setting my resolution way down on my desktop (midsize PC, mind you, with a laptop motherboard, integrated CPU, so I can't upgrade it), I noticed considerable improvement.

The struggle bar still isn't getting full, but at least I survive the struggle these days. And speed of movement has gone up as well. I'm jogging around like Super Mario, without actually running.

Still, I think it's an issue that framerate should cause such problems. I use my system mainly for web, mail and reading/writing so I'm not keen on buying a new PC just to play TLD either.

Archived