Major Bug in Episode 1; Cutscene not triggering

WeaponizedAutism

About an Hour or two into the new Long Dark Story-mode I Unknowingly encountered a pretty major bug; After leaving the Church and meeting the Grey Mother there was no cutscene. At the time i figured it was something i had to do later, so i left and went on exploring. 3 hours later i was stuck and didn't know what to do so i turned to Youtube and realized I had missed a pretty major part of the story due to some bug. Is there any way to fix this or did i just flush 5 hours down the drain only to have to restart?

You might have to check your journal and see what it tells you need to do. Maybe you have to finisih some other task first. I did many missions on Milton on my own before I was told to, and I was also afraid I might have to restart, but I didn't have to.

I know how to fix this! Don’t restart your game! This also happened to me so I was desperately walking around grey mothers house and then a dialogue about smoke from chimney triggered. So I tried entering the house again and it worked I had the cutscene working. So just try walking around grey mothers house and hope for the best.

Archived