Fire Duration

WalleyeGuy83

Hey guys, I like to think that I'm a seasoned veteran with TLD but this has confused me for a long time and maybe someone can explain...

Interlooper mode, started in FM, made a fire in the forge, stocked it for a 9h 36m duration.

Went to bed for a 9 hour sleep, woke up still tired (so I think that means I slept the full 9) and the fire still had 3h 10m of duration on it.

What gives?

Did you really sleep the 9 hours?  Granted there could be a hiccup in the game, but in modes beyond Pilgrim, sleep can be interrupted by many different factors.  I've had many times I slept with a fire burning, allowing myself time to wake up in time to have the choice to feed the fire so I wouldn't have to start a new one, and I would wake up sooner, at least by what was left of the fire.  Everything else around me agreed with the time left on the fire.

Things like drastic temperature change, your thirst and hunger level hitting critical levels(though I wonder if there is a chance that can get ignored, allowing you to fade away because of no water. I am not eager to test that too much)  Bear in mind fire duration is affected by outside elements, as well.  I had a fire outside one time, in a windbreak, and got it going to where it said it would last over an hour. Then the wind changed and I watched that duration just suddenly plummet.

It's entirely possible conditions improved for your fire so it could last longer.  It's something definitely worth experimenting on.

Archived