Game freeze and crash in outdoor environments

janz

I' ve already e-mailed support two days ago and no reply yet. Posting here in case someone in the community has a clue about this. Similar problem like Shmoo has in his post, but my debug log file shows different information.

My Desktop PC specs:

• Processor: AMD A4-5300 APU with Radeon HD graphics, 2 CPUs 3,4GHz
  • 8 Gb RAM
  • Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6570, 2Gb VRAM

My issue is that the game freezes and crashes. It always happens in "outdoor" environments, when the player is exploring/moving. The crash also seems to be consistent if i try to leave an indoor environment with a lit torch, then it crashes immediately. Otherwise the crash occurs at random locations. My first actions was to turn down the display settings, turning of VSync and running in windowed mode. The game crashed less often but more often to be tolerable. And i should be able to run with medium settings with my computer specs... I' ve verified the game cache in steam and all that. Reinstalled the display card driver twice. The second time using a display driver uninstaller just to make sure there was any rouge files messing about. Checking my output log (attached below) i see two reoccurring strings:

Internal: JobTempAlloc has allocations that are more than 4 frames old - this is not allowed and likely a leak

(Filename:  Line: 371)

Profiler is not supported in this build

(Filename:  Line: 102)

So... Memory leak? It shouldn ´t be my display drivers fault since i reinstalled it twice... One thing to note is that i haven´t played the game since late december 2015. Never had any issues with the game prior to now. I´m not sure, but i might made my migration from win xp to win 10 after dec -15. Apparently win 10 have had some issues with some games. Or so I´ve heard. Dont´t know if the last build i played ran Direct X 9 instead of 11. Win 10 runs direct x 12, that might be it?

Really thankful for all help i can get, love the game.

Best Regards,

Janz

output_log.txt

Well, switching to directx 9 seems to solve the crashes... I´m surprised... Just hope an update driver wise or game wise enables me to run direct x 11.... Sorry if this topic is regarded as spam, not my intention...

Cheers! 

Archived