Whiteout meets Nomad: A rail-walking "Stand By Me" challenge?

ArmagedDan

I always thought the contiguous rail line that crosses much of the game world to be a cool feature that integrates the maps together.  I was thinking that a challenge to walk the rail line from one end to the other, under duress or time constraint, would be fun! Thinking about it, the rail line ends in Coastal Highway, which happens to be the location of the Whiteout challenge. That sparked an idea.  Perhaps your challenge will be to keep ahead of a moving storm, following the rail line that must certainly lead to civilization, right?  ( :)

Your goal would be to travel from the Quonset Garage in Coastal Highway, through the Ravine, to Mystery Lake, and finally to the far end of Forlorn Muskeg as the temperatures steadily drop, and blizzards become more frequent.  If it's feasible, the weather degradation would be staggered along that set of maps.  For instance, perhaps the average temperatures drop by 1 degree daily and the blizzard chances go up to match, but this only begins on Day 1 in Coastal Highway.  The degradation would begin on Day 3 in Ravine, Day 5 in Mystery Lake, and Day 7 in Forlorn Muskeg - just an example, the numbers would need tuning. 

Whiteout Part II, anyone?  I'd have fun playing it.

Archived