Something is odd about loot in containers after loading/transitioning

happybjorn

My impression after several games on .393 is that something is odd about the way loot can be found in containers.  It seems like loot is rolled for behind the scenes when entering an area for the first time.  If you load a game, sometimes loot items will not be there that were there before, but items that are there are the same.  It isn't clear (to me at least) which container types lose their loot after loading or transitioning.

One example was on a pilgrim game at the camp office.  When I first explored there were many shiny items, including a heavy wool sweater in an upstairs drawer and a firestriker in the workbench drawer.  On loading the game neither of those items were present (but some of the other random loot items were).  On loading the game again, leaving the building and coming back in the firestriker was present, but the heavy wool sweater was not.

Note: I looked into this after feeling like I never found loot in locked lockers in areas I had already explored after coming back with a prybar or on various corpses after transitioning between areas and buildings. 

Archived