Thank You - The Long Dark

Timber Wolf

Happy New Year Everyone!

I absolutely love The Long Dark!  I haven't felt this way about a video game in a long time.  I haven't felt this way about a video game ever.

It starts out as a feeling, a fleeting glance, of a moment frozen in time - and then I remember when I was barely able to walk into the house on Jack Rabbit Island during a full on blizzard, or when I luckily bumped into the fishing hut in Pleasant Valley during a full on blizzard, or when I stumbled into Alan's Cave during a full on blizzard.....then remember how much I love playing this game. 

I can't stop.  I have done everything that can be done, over and over again, but it's never enough.  I just keep playing this game.  It permeates my thoughts.  I dream about it.  I dream I am in The Long Dark.  I think The Long Dark has become my therapy against the real world.

I have grown quite fond of the evolution of The Long Dark.  I don't think I ever want to see this game get finished.  I so very much enjoy this entire process, watching the game grow and evolve, hearing what other people think about it, being apart of it from a distance, and also being a part of it up close as I experience for myself each new iteration.

Happy New Year Hinterland Studio!  Thank you for another wonderful year of The Long Dark!

Archived