Different Wildlife in Different Regions

Jebru

I know that right now we are in alpha development, and the game will change as we progress. Hopefully, one of those changes will be removing certain types of wildlife from certain areas. 

For example, maps such as Coastal Town Site and Desolation Point would probably not have enough wilderness to sustain deer and wolves, especially when the temperature warms and they don't have all that ice to roam. They would be far more likely to have rabbits, birds, and maybe foxes and raccoons. On the other hand, Timberwolf Mountain, Pleasant Valley, and Mystery Lake all have a substantial amount of wilderness for the larger wildlife. 

We already have an element of this with the fish. If you are fishing fresh water, you catch different fish than if you are fishing on the sea; so once we have a few more options for wildlife, we could hopefully have that in the animals too. Not only would it be a little more realistic, but it would also force you to travel to a variety of regions in order to make certain elements like a wolf skin coat. 

And lastly, something that @EternityTide mentioned in a discussion on taming wolves; having something like this would allow you to have stray dogs around the town sites, while having the wolves in the more remote areas. That allows you to have a pet/beast of burden that may be easier to keep when you transition between regions. (I'm curious how a horse will transition between any of the current maps when it becomes available. You have to crawl to Desolation Point, go up a rope to Timberwolf Mountain, and tightrope-walk a single rail to get to Mystery Lake, all of which a horse can't do)

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 10:10 AM, Jebru said:

I'm curious how a horse will transition between any of the current maps when it becomes available. You have to crawl to Desolation Point, go up a rope to Timberwolf Mountain, and tightrope-walk a single rail to get to Mystery Lake, all of which a horse can't do)

Perhaps go the long way to Coastal Highway?

Archived